Key English Grammar Rules Needed for IELTS 7+
What you'll learn
- Improve your grammatical range and accuracy with clear and practical instructions
- Boost your IELTS overall band score by learning advanced and useful grammar rules and tips
- The only grammar course you need for a high score in IELTS/FCE/CAE/PTE
- Exercises for each lesson in a pdf file included with the answer key
- A basic knowledge of English grammar
- The desire to be Awesome!
IELTS has no dedicated section for grammar. However, a high band score in each section highly depends on your command of English grammar. Knowing grammar structures helps you absorb much more from a reading passage the first time you read it. It also gives you higher confidence in listening. Grammar is particularly important in speaking and writing.
Your grammatical range and accuracy in IELTS are evaluated by means of band descriptors. These descriptors suggest that in order to receive the perfect score in Speaking and Writing, a candidate must:
- use a full range of structures naturally and appropriately
- produce consistently accurate structures apart from 'slips' characteristic of native speaker speech
This course covers all important grammar topics with clear and brief explanations and practical examples. Advanced features of structures will be discussed and their uses in language. There are also exercises (with the key) attached to each lesson in the form of a pdf file.
This course delivers all the English grammar that an IELTS candidate needs for a perfect score.
Grammar topics included in this course:
- Present time
- Future time
- Past time
- Present perfect
- Unreal time and Subjunctive
- Modal verbs (present, future and past)
- Reported speech
- Relative clauses
- Gerund and Infinitive
Apart from excellent educational content, utmost efforts have been made for the best quality in video and audio of the course.
Enjoy and learn!
Who this course is for:
- You are preparing for IELTS and other tests and are aiming for the highest score possible.
- You are looking for all practical English grammar rules in one place with practical examples
- You want to improve your English grammar for academic or personal purposes
- You want to write and speak with immaculate and impressive grammar accuracy and range
- You want to give other people grammar advice and point out their mistakes with confidence!
My background spans the disciplines of Engineering, Management, English and Academic Writing.
I have been teaching English and Academic Writing in Australia (Perth and Melbourne) for about five years.
I was a research assistant, tutor and lecturer at Curtin university, Construction Management department, in 2015 and 2016.
I am also a writer, a film critic and a freelance essayist, and I have published (print and online) over a hundred pieces, including book and film critiques, short stories and opinion essays, in two languages. I also teach short story writing.