Advanced Google Tag Manager (GTM) 12+ practical use cases
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 13 downloadable resources
- 1 coding exercise
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Advaned and Intermediate use cases for Google Tag Manager
- Standard website form conversion tracking
- AJAX website form conversion tracking
- Other website form conversion tracking using dataLayer
- Track any website element visibility and CTR
- Find collected event data in Google Analytics
- Detect device category and fire tags only on selected device
- Track checkbox performance on website
- Track dropdown performance on website
- Personalize page content based users acquisition channel
- Introduction to CSS selectors
- Fire tags based on pageview count in a session
- How to extract data from website using DOM Element variables
- You are familiar with basics of Google Tag Manager
You know the basics of Google Tag Manager and you want to see more examples of how you could use this tool to your advantage. Here I collected advanced and intermediate use cases of how you could use your Google Tag Manager and explain why those examples could be beneficial for you or your clients.
This is a list of practical use cases that we will setup in this course:
Tracking any website form performance (including AJAX forms and edge cases using dataLayer)
Tracking of any element visibility and CTR (using GTM + GA + DataStudio example)
Personalize website content based on acquisition channel (We will hide subscription forms if users came from email)
Detect user device type and fire tags separately on mobile or desktop
Tracking of dropdowns
Tracking of checkboxes
Hiding any element from the website using GTM
Adding any element on the website using GTM
Count page views during a session and fire a tag (popup) when a certain amount is reached.
CSS selectors - a very detailed introduction for GTM users
Creating and deleting cookies using GTM
I will add more hands-on examples based on student requests and feedback.
Why this course?
Most examples are divided into stand-alone videos, it's easy to find the most relevant use cases for your project.
I explain the practical application behind each example.
- You want to know more practical examples on how you could use Google Tag Manager
Learn how to use DOM Element variable to extract dynamic values from the website and use it in your tags. For example in Google Analytics or Facebook event tags. We will take a look at an example of how to extract product prices from product description page.