Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms in Python
What you'll learn
- Improve your problem-solving skills by learning how to approach some out-of-the-box problems
- Develop new algorithms and solutions to problems by combining other algorithms in creative ways
- Write clean implementations that significantly improve an algorithm’s runtime by taking advantage of various tips and tricks
- Avoid certain misconceptions circulating online by discovering how they (probably) got started and learning how to avoid falling for similar ones in the future
- Find out why algorithms are not scary things professors and interviewers use to frighten people
- This course is for developers who have basic programming knowledge in Python and are seeking to learn about the advanced algorithms and data structures that can be used in Python in various applications, including web and mobile solutions.
As a developer, you’ll have certainly heard about various data structures and algorithms. However, have you ever thought profoundly about them and their impact on the performance of your applications? If not, it’s high time to take a look at this topic, and this course is a one-stop guide to master it!
This course will teach you the necessary theory and applications to properly understand the advanced algorithms and data structures that are critical to various problems and how to implement them. We’ll also go hands-on and reveal tips and tricks for optimizations, identifying the right approaches and presenting convincing explanations. And, you will get it all in a modern, popular, and well-documented language: Python. Finally, you’ll learn how to develop complex algorithms that are easy to understand, debug, and reusable in various applications.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to develop complex algorithms that are easy to understand, debug, and reusable in various applications.
About the Author
Vlad Sebastian Ionescu is first and foremost a teacher. He holds a Ph.D. in Machine Learning and currently various university courses and tutorials covering languages and concepts such as Python, Java, algorithms and data structures, C#, machine learning, and web development.
He also possesses a Stack Overflow gold badge in algorithmic tagging.
His philosophy is "if I can't explain it well enough for most people to understand it, I need to go back and understand it better myself before trying again". He has personally run into all of the problems discussed in the course at some point in his professional life. This makes him adept at understanding programming problems – and, more critically, how to resolve them… and how to explain the solutions
Who this course is for:
- The topics presented here are suitable for programmers with various levels of experience.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.