Develop Mobile Games for Android and iOS with Stencyl
What you'll learn
- Develop entire, professional quality game from start to finish.
- Learn all the intermediate and advanced concepts necessary to create and publish a top quality mobile game.
- Learn how to develop your games for multiple platforms easily with Stencyl.
- Learn design theories and best practices
- Understand marketing techniques and how to use them
- Basic computer skills.
- Sticking power
- A good work ethic
- Some knowledge of Stencyl would be an advantage. See 'Create your First Computer Game with Stencyl' for details.
This course has been especially designed to take your complete beginner or intermediate level skills in Stencyl and build them up to the level required of a professional indie mobile game developer. Where as the foundation course (Create your First Computer Game with Stencyl), teaches you many important skills, concepts, and techniques necessary to implement core gameplay, utilize sound, and implement some basic AI, this course will teach you how to Create a complete, professional grade computer game which can be published on all the most popular platforms -- Google Play, IOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, Flash etc.
From start to finish, you will develop a complete, playable game including all the advanced features and polish you would expect, such as:
- start menu
- social link buttons
- multiple, playable levels
- level selection screens
- saving and loading
- in-app purchases and ads (for revenue generation)
- beautiful, unique art and animations
- parallax scrolling
- sophisticated gameplay
We also cover less technical -- but none the less essential -- subjects such as marketing, design theory, game monetization paradigms and various other business and design tips and tricks for game development . After the core game has been developed, the course leads into sections on what it takes to publish it to the various Stencyl supported platforms (Desura, Steam, Google Play, Samsung Apps, IndieCity etc), including platform specific details such as certificates, marketplace restrictions, monetization methodologies etc.
In short, when you've finished this course, you will have learned everything you need to know to start developing, publishing and monetizing professional quality desktop and mobile games with Stencyl. So let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Those with some experience with Stencyl, who want to take their skills to the next level
- Graduates of 'Create your First Computer Game with Stenyl', who want to learn even more amazing game development skills.
- People excited about a possible career in indie game development
- Artists and designer who want an easy and fast way to develop their own games
Richard Sneyd (1st Class B.A Hons.) is founder and CEO of CyberMyth Games, and administrator of CMG Academy, the no. 1 source of professional quality online training for digital art, development and design courses. In the performance of his duties within the company, he must wear many hats, including that of a programmer, designer, digital 2D & 3D artist, sound designer, scriptwriter, texture artist, leader, marketer and business man.
He is also a fully registered, qualified, and highly experienced lecturer. His speciality subjects include 3D Modelling & Animation, Computer Game Programming, 2D Image Processing, Game Design, Desktop Audio, Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Human Resources & Business Management.
Richard is enthusiastic about his work, with students and colleagues noting that he is a highly dedicated and accomplished teacher. All of his courses are characterized by a steady, incremental flow of information, and a lucid teaching style which is easy to understand and follow for all.