Advanced C Programming Course
What you'll learn
- Understand and be able to apply advanced concepts of the C programming language to create advanced C applications.
- Understand Function and Double Pointers, Recursion, Bit Manipulation, Macros, Signals and loads more (check curriculam on this page for full list).
- Learn all about threads and networking with Sockets.
- Master the art of problem solving in programming using efficient, proven methods.
- Be able to apply advanced C concepts to other programming languages.
- How to write high quality C code, to make yourself more marketable for higher level programming positions and be apply for real-time/embedded programming positions.
- Basic knowledge of the C programming language (ideally having completed our Beginners course on Udemy).
- A computer running Microsoft Windows, Linux or the Mac operating systems.
- At least 4GB of ram on your computer.
What you will learn in this course?
The C programming language in 2020 is still one of the most popular and widely used languages. Having C programming skills gives you great career options, but learning the C language, particularly some of the trickier advanced stuff can be really difficult.
This course is designed to take your basic C skills to the next level and help you obtain mastery of the language by helping you understand advanced concepts of the C programming language, enabling you to master the art of problem-solving in programming using efficient, proven methods.
You’ll learn how to write high-quality C code and to make yourself more marketable for higher-level programming positions.
Just some of the topics in this huge 28-hour course include Threads, Function Pointers, Double Pointers, Recursion, Networking using Sockets, Bit manipulation, Macros, Signals, Storage Classes and loads more. Check the curriculum on this page for full details of what is included in this very comprehensive course.
By the end of this course, with your new-found skills, you will be able to apply for real-time/embedded C programming positions or any job that requires mastery of the C programming language and be able to apply your new skills developing your own Advanced C programs.
What's different about this course?
Jason Fedin is your instructor in this course and this course takes the skills you learned in that course to the next level.
This course focuses on the details and a thorough understanding of all advanced C programming concepts. This is not just a how-to course, it is a "why?" course.
You will learn how to implement specific advanced C concepts such as multi-threading and double pointers, in addition to learning why they are the best approach and how they make you a high-quality C programmer.
Many, many examples, challenges and quizzes are provided to test your understanding of every concept that you have learned.
This course is unique to other courses here at Udemy in that the details and the why are explained. We do not just go through projects and provide a how-to.
Who is the course aimed at?
This is not a beginner's course. It's assumed you have some knowledge of the C programming language, preferably having completed our Beginner course (here on Udemy) or similar training and/or commercial programming experience in C or a similar language.
If you are ready to get started, click on the enroll or Add to Cart button on this page and start taking your C Language skills to the next level.
Who this course is for:
- This course is not aimed for beginners. If you have never used C programming before, then I would suggest you purchase our C Programming For Beginners course first, complete it then come back to take this advanced course.
- On the other hand, if you already have a basic or prior experience with C programming, then this course is for you!
The Learn Programming Academy was created by Tim Buchalka, a software developer with 35 years experience, who is also an instructor on Udemy, with over 1.24M+ students in his courses on Java, Python, Android, C# and the Spring framework.
The Academy’s goal in the next three years, is to teach one million people to learn how to program.
Apart from Tim’s own courses, which are all available here, we are working with the very best teachers, creating courses to teach the essential skills required by developers, at all levels.
One other important philosophy is that our courses are taught by real professionals; software developers with real and substantial experience in the industry, who are also great teachers. All our instructors are experienced, software developers!
Our team is busy creating new courses right now.
Whether you are a beginner, looking to learn how to program for the very first time, or to brush up on your existing skills, or to learn new languages and frameworks, the Academy has you covered.
I have been teaching students for over 12 years via online classes at over 10 different online Universities. I have created many different class curriculums, ranging from mobile programming to bash scripting to Object-Oriented Design. I have also instructed over 20 different Computer Science related classes. I have been developing software for over 16 years in the real world at various companies, specializing in Object-Oriented Development and Mobile Applications. I have been programming Android Applications since 2010.
I love teaching classes at Udemy and other online universities. In addition to teaching, I also currently have a full-time job as a Software Developer at a fortune 500 company.
When I graduated from high school, I enrolled at SUNY Oswego and received a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Once I finished, I worked very briefly and then decided to get a M.S. in Computer Science from Binghamton University. I greatly enjoyed my college experience and would like to help others enjoy learning as much as I did. I think learning online is a great medium and really enjoy teaching others.