Advanced Audacity Bootcamp
- 4 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Advanced podcast and voice editing skills using Audacity.
- Advanced podcast and voice editing tools available in Audacity.
- Advanced audio leveling and mastering principles, LUFS, and additional software tools available for track leveling and mastering.
- Suggested but not Required: My Beginning and Intermediate Audacity Podcast Editing courses.
- You should have prior experience with Audacity.
Advanced Audacity Bootcamp explores many of the features and tools within Audacity and how to use them in podcast editing and production. This advanced course will enhance your confidence and increase your abilities and skills in using Audacity as your podcast editing and production tool. It assumes completion of my Intermediate Audacity Bootcamp course, or advanced skills and experience using Audacity. This course consists of 27 lectures distributed across four sections:
1. Multi Track Editing
2. Understanding Voice Frequency
3. Final Touches
4. Getting Your Podcast Out The Door
We explore topics like graphic EQ, the filter curve, compression, normalization, voiceovers, voice frequency, the draw tool, metadata, LUFS, stereo vs mono, templates, filters, multi track editing, and Audacity plugins. Thank you for your interest in this course and I hope to see you inside.
- Podcast editors and producers using Audacity
- Podcast editors and producers who are ready to move beyond the basics into more advanced audio production techniques.
Welcome to the course! Let's talk about what to expect from taking this course.
Let's talk about what you'll learn in this first section of the course.
Let's take a moment to talk about what you'll learn in this section of the course.
What's the difference between mix and render and mix and render to a new track?
Let's talk about what you'll learn in this last section of the course.
Let's talk about LUFS. The LUFS standard for stereo podcasting is -16 LUFS. For mono podcasting, the LUFS target is -19 LUFS. But what does that mean and what is LUFS? Be sure to check out the additional resources in the resources folder for this lesson.
Let's talk about the Auphonic Leveler as a production tool in addition to Audacity. The Auphonic Leveler desktop app is an indispensable tool for leveling the audio levels in your podcast episodes and bringing them to the -16 LUFS standard for stereo podcasts and -19 LUFS for mono podcasts. FYI, I have no affiliation with the fine folks at Auphonic. I just find their product invaluable in podcast and video production.
NOTE: The Auphonic Desktop Leveler removes any metadata in your audio file. If you're going to use the desktop Leveler, wait to add metadata until after you've leveled your audio.