Advanced Apache Spark for Data Scientists and Developers
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 29 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the functionality of Spark's four built-in libraries
- Create real-world applications using Spark’s libraries
- Understand how to develop, debug and optimize the performance of Spark applications
- Completed a introductory Apache Spark course. Adastra Academy's Introduction to Apache Spark for Developers and Engineers recommended.
- A beginner to intermediate understanding of the Scala programming language. Adastra Academy's Scala in Practice recommended.
- A basic understanding of Apache Hadoop and Big Data
Apache Spark is an open source data processing engine. Spark is designed to provide fast processing of large datasets, and high performance for a wide range of analytics applications. Unlike MapReduce, Spark enables in-memory cluster computing which greatly improves the speed of iterative algorithms and interactive data mining tasks.
Adastra Academy’s Advanced Apache Spark includes illuminating video lectures, thorough application examples, a guide to install the NetBeans Integrated Development Environment, and quizzes. Through this course, you will learn about Spark’s four built-in libraries - SparkStreaming, DataFrames (SparkSQL), MLlib and GraphX - and how to develop, build, tune, and debug Spark applications. The course exercises will enable you to become proficient at creating fully functional real-world applications using the Apache Spark libraries. Unlike other courses, we give you the guided and ground-up approach to learning Spark that you need in order to become an expert.
- Data Scientists
- Data Engineers