What you'll learn
- How to function in the real world, a lifestyle that consists of balancing adult responsibilities with managing our physical and mental health
- Learn the importance of consistency, self-discipline, and hard work to develop efficient routines and habits
- Understand how to manage your time, money, and wellbeing
- Develop financial literacy (budgeting, credit scores, taxes, investments)
- Find your own opportunities and build your knowledge (e.g. jobs, fitness, nutrition, insurance)
- Learn to care for and love yourself
- Learn different techniques to relieve stress and to work more efficiently
- No prerequisites - just an open mind to learn and apply practical life skills!
The school system does not require a class for students to learn how to live in the real world and function as an adult. We often enter college unprepared to take care of ourselves. Many life skills, including how to develop good habits, manage stress, pay taxes, budget our spending/income, and to live a healthy lifestyle, are necessary, especially when college is the bridge to adulthood. This course will explore the many dimensions of how to successfully adult.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has the willingness to strengthen a set of skill sets for a well-rounded life. Specific lectures will be geared towards high-schoolers, college students, and young adults.
I am a UC Berkeley undergraduate with a Bachelor's degree in Integrative Biology and a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. I started the Adulting Decal at UC Berkeley in Spring 2019 where it was recognized in the LA Times, ABC News, NPR, and even internationally in the UK, Israel, France, and China.
In my spare time, I enjoy working out, doing yoga, and cooking!
I am a UC Berkeley undergraduate who co-founded the "Adulting Decal". This course has been recognized around the world, both nationally and internationally in France, UK, and Dubai.
As a UC Berkeley student, I am majoring in Molecular and Cell Biology and plan on going to PA school after graduation.
In my free time, I enjoy working out, baking, cooking, reading, and meditating.