PMI-ACP Certification: Adopting an Agile Approach
What you'll learn
- understand agile project management
- determine whether your organization should adopt agile practices
- identify factors to consider when deciding whether to adopt agile practices
- apply key principles of agile practices
- develop an agile mindset
- obtain buy-in from stakeholders to implement agile practices
- project management basic knowledge is desirable, but not absolutely necessary
This course provides guidance on how to take steps towards adopting an agile project management approach for those who currently use a traditional, plan-driven methodology.
It discusses some common myths and misconceptions about agile development approaches, identifies factors to consider when deciding whether to adopt agile practices, and explains the general agile practices that a company may want to adopt.
The Adopting an Agile Approach to Project Management Course provides project leaders with general guidelines on how to develop an agile way of thinking, one of the first steps in transitioning a team. The course also looks at some guidelines for obtaining buy-in from organizational stakeholders so they also embrace agile practices.
Adopting an Agile Approach to Project Management is intended for project managers, program managers, or anyone who wants to efficiently participate in projects that experience frequent change in the project requirements.
After completing this topic, you will be able to:
- understand and correct common misconceptions about agile project management;
- determine whether your organization should adopt agile practices;
- identify factors to consider when deciding whether to adopt agile practices; and
- recognize and apply the key principles of agile practices.
You will be also able to:
- develop and champion an agile mindset; and
- facilitate the buy-in of stakeholders in implementing agile practices.
The course duration is not more than 3 hours and you will have video lectures, written materials, quizzes, examples and exercises, to lear and practice, but also a small optional course project if you are interested in getting the most out of this course.
Thank you for considering my course. If you are interested, please register now. Or, just try some sample videos and make a decision after you have a better picture.
Who this course is for:
- Managers and members of project teams who currently use or plan to adopt agile techniques
- All interested in learning about project management and agile project management practices
- aligned with the Agile Certified Practitioner exam objectives developed by the Project Management Institute® and Certified ScrumMaster learning objectives
- will entitle you to claim 5 PDU’s for the PMI certification exams and to maintain your PMI certification
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.