Adobe Lightroom Classic
- 9 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- They will learn how to manage, edit and present photos using Adobe Lightroom Classic
Welcome to Lightroom Classic CC Up To Speed:
This course helps you to get up and running quickly with Adobe’s powerful photo editing and management system. This handy step-by-step class starts from scratch, starting with basic Lightroom topics and moving on to more advanced features of the Library module, designed to help you to become more productive more quickly.
In no time at all you’ll be navigating Lightroom’s interface, importing, rating, and filtering your photos, managing your photo library, creating and managing collections and publishing to online services. You’ll also delve into adjusting image exposure, clarity, vibrance and saturation; removing haze from images; adjusting shadows and highlights; changing color and adjusting white balance; using handy tools such as the Adjustment Brush, Graduated Filter and Range Masking tools; cropping and straightening images; fixing perspective problems; creating panoramas and merging photos using HDR; and much more.
Who is this course for?
This course was created for people new to photography as well as well-seasoned photographers looking to learn a new photo organizing and editing application. This course will also be helpful for those coming from a previous version of Lightroom or those looking to delve more deeply into the Lightroom application.
What does this course include?
· Step-by-step instructional videos that are easy to follow
· Downloadable lesson files allowing you to follow along with the instructor
· Support for any questions you may have
What You’ll Learn:
· Getting your files into Lightroom. We’ll begin by creating a Lightroom catalog, and then you’ll learn how to import images from your computer, an external drive, an SD card or directly from your camera into Lightroom. You’ll learn about moving photos, copying photos and adding photos to the catalog.
· Learning the Lightroom Environment: Next, we’ll take a look at the various panels and panes in Lightroom. We’ll learn about Grid View and Loupe View, how to choose your best images by using Compare View and Survey View and how to switch modules using the Module Picker. We’ll also set some interface preferences so that the Lightroom Environment is the way you like it. You’ll also learn how to use Lightroom with a dual monitor setup.
· Image Handling: We’ll go in-depth working with the Folders Panel, and you’ll learn how to create, rename and move both photos and folders. We’ll also discuss how to synchronize photos to ensure that Lightroom includes any images that you’ve recently added to folders outside of Lightroom.
· Adding Image Information: To help you organize your images and find the ones you want quickly, you’ll learn how to add star ratings to your images, how to flag them, reject them and even add color labels to them. You also add keywords to your images and learn how to add and view an image’s Metadata.
· Searching for Images: You’ll learn how to quickly find your images using the Filter Bar with which you can filter them by flag, rating or label. You’ll also learn how to use Lightroom’s powerful search feature which allows you to filter images by text, attribute or metadata. Once we’ve filtered our images, we’ll then sort them in a variety of different ways.
· Organizing Images: You’ll organize your images by using Collections, Smart Collections, and Quick Collections. You’ll also learn how to organize your Collections into Collection Sets, and we’ll even create Collections from existing folders. Additionally, you’ll learn how to organize images using Face Detection, which groups photos by the people featured in them.
· Geotagging Images: We’ll work with the Map module and organize images by the location where they were taken. You’ll also learn how to add geolocation information to images if it wasn’t added when the picture was taken.
· Sharing Your Images: You’ll learn how to export your images into a variety of formats so that you can easily share them with others or to Social Media. You’ll create Export Presets, allowing you to save and reuse your export settings. You’ll also learn how to publish to a variety of online services.
· Catalog Management: In the lesson videos, we’ll learn how to use and manage multiple catalogs, how to merge several catalogs into one and how to back up your Lightroom catalog. We'll also examine a workflow that involves using Lightroom on multiple computers.
· Develop Module Basics. We’ll begin by looking at the difference between RAW vs JPEG processing. We’ll start out by choosing a camera profile as a starting point and make virtual copies of our images. You’ll learn a bunch of Develop Module shortcuts as well as how to use third-party plug-ins.
· Image Adjustment Basics: Next, we’ll drive into photo editing beginning with a Basic Panel. You’ll learn how to adjust image exposure, contrast, and clarity as well as tweak the vibrance and saturation. We’ll discuss how to remove fog and haze from images, adjust the shadows and highlights and blacks and whites, and how to effectively use Lightroom’s Clipping Indicators.
· Working with Color: We’ll go in-depth working with Color in Lightroom. You’ll learn how to set the white balance in an image as well as how to change color in an image. We’ll convert an image to black and white, add some interesting effects using split toning, apply selective adjustments using the Adjustment Brush, add a gradient using the Graduated Filter tool and learn how to use Lightroom’s new Range Masking Feature.
· Fixing Common Image Problems: To help you fix those pesky image problems, you’ll learn how to crop and straighten photos, remove spots and other image imperfections, and fix red-eye. You’ll also make lens corrections, fix perspective problems and even rotate images.
· Beyond the Basics: In this section, we’ll move into some of the more advanced Lightroom editing features. You’ll learn how to adjust contrast using Lightroom’s Tone Curve, adjust exposure using the Histogram and synchronize adjustments across multiple images. You’ll also learn how to revert back to a previous state of an image using the History Panel and how to save image states using snapshots. Then, you’ll learn how to merge multiple images into a panorama or an HDR image. Additionally, you’ll learn how to use and create Develop Module presets as well as how to soft proof your images.
· Adding Effects and Finishing Touches: You’ll end by learning how to add those special finishing touches to an image. You’ll learn how to add a post-crop vignette, add grain, reduce color and luminance noise and sharpen your images. We’ll also add a spotlight to areas of our image using Lightroom’s handy Radial Filter tool.
· Setting Up a Slideshow: From the Slideshow module, you’ll learn how to create and present a slideshow of your images. You’ll set slideshow options, modify the layout and backdrop, adding and modifying titles, adding music, setting playback options and how to export your slideshow to a PDF file or to a video.
· Presenting Your Images on the Web: Using the Web module, you’ll create a Web Gallery so people can view your images online. You’ll learn how to customize site appearance, customize output settings and how to upload your Web Gallery to your website.
· Creating a Photo Book: From the Book module, you’ll learn how to create a printed book of your images using the Blurb book service. You’ll set layout options, modify individual pages, work with guides and cell padding, adding text to your book and finally sending your book to Blurb (or exporting it to a PDF file).
· Printing Your Photos: Lastly, you’ll learn how to print physical copies of your images from the Print module. You’ll learn how to set the page size and layout, apply various image settings, aligning multiple photos on the page, setting page options and modifying your print job settings.
By the end of this course, you’ll learn how to build and organize your Lightroom library, allowing you to effectively manage hundreds of thousands of images with ease, how to edit your images in Lightroom like a pro, allowing you to effectively and quickly move through your photography workflow.
I’m also here every step along the way for you so don’t hesitate to ask me any questions related to Lightroom or to the course content that come up as you journey through the course. You can post your question in the course or fire me off a direct message. Also, let me know if there’s any way I can improve this course.
Are you ready to begin your Lightroom journey? Then, click the enroll icon and let’s get started!
- People new to Lightroom or looking to improve their Lightroom skills.