Adobe InDesign - The Complete course for Professionals
What you'll learn
- You will learn to design professional publications and graphics in InDesign.
- You will create a postcard design.
- You will create a fashion magazine cover.
- You will create a book cover.
- You will create a CV / Resume.
- You will create a poster.
- You will create a business card.
- You will create a letter head.
- You will create a postcard.
- You will create a trifold restaurant menu card.
- You will create a trifold brochure.
- You will create a wall calendar.
- You will learn how to pick complimentary fonts for you design.
- You will learn how to create PDF files ready for printing.
- You will be able to start earning from your InDesign Skills.
- You will learn to enhance your workflow and shortcuts used by professionals.
- You will learn how to design professional publications and graphics.
- You will be able to build a skill set that can set you up to be employable in the creative industry.
- You will learn how to efficiently package and export files.
- You will learn how to lay out graphics and text while designing an eBook.
- Students DO NOT need a design background, before taking this course.
- Students should have access to Adobe InDesign to follow along with the course. A free trial or any Creative Cloud version will be fine. Previous versions will be fine for most lessons.
- Anyone who wants to learn desktop publishing.
Adobe InDesign 2021 is a page design program that allows you to design high quality brochures, flyers, business cards, postcards, books and even pages for digital publishing such as those for the iPad and Kindle. InDesign gives you the power to do everything you need, from inserting and sizing graphics, adding text, creating interactive forms, and even packaging your work for a commercial printer.
Adobe InDesign 2021 is the latest version to the Adobe InDesign software. Along with new features that improve function and increase ease-of-use, it still contains the same features that made other versions so popular.
This course was designed to walk you through the program step-by-step, teaching you what you need to know to gain a working knowledge of InDesign. Those who have never used InDesign before will walk away being able to create anything from a simple page to a book. Those who are new to the latest version, but have enjoyed InDesign in the past will learn the new features and how they incorporate and work with the other features they love and depend on.
· How to create pages for books and documents.
· How to create interactive forms.
· How to add, place, and resize graphics.
· How to create text, import text, and work with text within a document.
· How to use the new Alternate Layout feature to create several layouts for your document with just a click of a mouse.
· How to draw shapes and use those shapes in your document.
· How to use the new Content Collector tool to easily place multiple instances of the same content within a document – or within several documents. This is easier than copy and paste!
· How to use the state-of-the-art gridify feature of InDesign, to place multiple images, and other elements in one go.
· How to create actual designs in real-life situation; quite a few design creations are demonstrated that can give you an edge in the professional world.
· How to package your work for a commercial printer.
· And much, much more!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Adobe InDesign.
- Entrepreneurs, online businesses, artists, graphic designers, or anyone who wants to learn this versatile application.
I've been a graphic designer and content creator for over 25 years, and have worked for umpteen companies in various industries.
I hold a Graphic Designing Diploma, and quite a few certifications under my belt.
To bring others along for the creativity ride, I started teaching 'graphic designing,' and 'video editing' online at a British school a few years ago, and currently teach at four schools across three continents.
Even after such a long and memorable journey filled with creativity and colors, when I sit down with my laptop to create a design, I feel the same passion, zeal and enthusiasm, and that's one thing very unique about graphic design: You never get bored!
I've just boarded the Udemy train, with Adobe InDesign being my first station, so watch out, as other Adobe trainings will be added soon.
Wish you all the best in this colorful journey. Let's create!