Administer a Construction Contract
What you'll learn
- Identify various types of building and construction contracts
- Understand the legislative requirements of construction contracts
- Learn essential terms and elements of valid contracts
- Understand rights and liabilities of parties under contracts
- Understand common contract terms and procedures
- Undertand circumstances that bring a breach or termination of contracts
- Identify the range of documents that make up a contract
- Understand factors affecting repudiation of a contract
- Identify the conditions for completion of contract at the cost of the contractor
- Understand abandonment or ousting the contractor
- basic understanding of construction projects
In guiding a construction project a good working knowledge of the construction contract is essential.
Duration of Study
The pace at which each student studies is different. The nominal hours for this course are 20 hours, however, this can vary greatly depending on your previous experience and study techniques. Student support is available by asking a question online or visiting our website.
Exner is a Registered Training Organisation
Exner Education, drawing on their 25 years of experience in the construction industry have tailored this course on administration of construction contracts to suit the needs of site managers, project managers, construction managers and contract managers to ensure that they gain a good understanding of construction contract administration.
If you would like to be assessed for this unit, please visit our website for more information. Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate of attainment.
Who this course is for:
- site managers, project managers, contract manager, builders, project stakeholders
Exner is an integrated education and consulting firm with over 25 years of experience providing an extensive range of professional management services to the construction industry. Our hands-on experience includes design and construction, expert claims quantification and management, project management, business systems consulting, value for money models, safety in design and risk management systems.
Exner Education is an ASQA registered RTO and is the training development and delivery branch of Exner. From its practical experience and knowledge Exner Education has designed, developed and delivered construction specific training over the past 15 years. Exner Education provides a 'hands on' practical approach to training, developed and delivered by people who have real current practical experience in the field and are qualified VET sector trainers. This gives Exner a unique ability to balance both theoretical teaching knowledge complemented with current 'best practice' work examples.
Our Training & Education experience includes the instructional design of training ranging from:
· safety and site compliance;
· project management including from tender preparation, claims management to project close out;
· engineering practices; and,
· corporate improvement strategies.
Exner Education has designed, developed and delivered training for both large and small companies as well as government authorities including, Leighton Contractors, Pro-Build, Grocon, Schiavello, MBAV, HIA, VMIA, Nicholson Construction, Johns Lyng, APM Group, Victorian Managed Insurance Authority, VicRoads, Department of Treasury and Finance and Victorian Catchment Management Authority.
Exner continues to develop its online learning 'experience' and provides a unique interactive delivery methodology which gives students world first teaching tools, combining Exner's practical construction knowledge with core theory to further enhance the students learning experience.