ADHD: Alternatives to Medication
What you'll learn
- Know what ADHD is and the risks of traditional treatments
- Understand common mistakes made in diagnosing ADHD and what it could actually be instead
- Design a diet that eliminates substances that exacerbate or cause ADHD symptoms
- Remove common toxins from home or school that may exacerbate or cause ADHD symptoms
- Teach children how to manage stress and increase focus
- Understand and meet children's unmet emotional needs that may be leading to misbehavior
- Understand and work with children's values to ensure optimal concentration and focus
- An open mind and a willingness to learn from and engage children differently
- Access to a computer or phone to watch videos and the ability to download Word or PDF documents
Many parents panic when they are told that their children need Ritalin or some other form of medication. They don't have the knowledge or confidence to challenge those in the white suits!
In this course you will arm yourself with all the information you need to make an informed decision as to the best course of action for your child.
Gain a strong understanding of natural, sustainable alternatives for ADHD children and how to implement these yourself.
- Learn about how often ADHD is actually a misdiagnosis for another condition
- Find out if your child’s unique learning style is accommodated in their school
- Learn how to create an ADHD friendly diet
- Find out if your child’s sleeping habits may be creating their symptoms and what to do about this
- Recognize any unmet needs that may be influencing your child’s behavior
- Find out why honoring your child’s values may be the most important step you take in helping them to learn and focus
- Learn about alternative natural treatments including stress biofeedback, herbs, chiropractic care and family therapy in resolving ADHD symptoms
Tapping in to your child’s natural ability to learn and focus.
This course will help you to make the best decisions for your unique family. You will be able to pick and choose from the variety of tools and skills offered to find what works for your child and in your own particular circumstances.
By the time you finish this course, you will not only have a better understanding of ADHD and why it is such a common label, but you will also have a much deeper understanding of your own child and what it is that makes him/her come alive. This course is not just about dealing with a disorder, but more about how to help your children to overcome their challenges and to fulfill their potential in life.
Taking this course will help you to transform the health, well-being and learning potential of everyone in your family.
Content and Overview
Suitable for any family struggling with ADHD, including those already using medication, this course will arm you with practical information and tools to help your child to learn and concentrate using natural, sustainable methods.
The course consists of 2 hours of video divided into 25 lectures. During this time you will learn why it is so important to consider alternatives and what other conditions this label of ADHD may be masking. We’ll look at developmental differences between girls and boys and why boys are diagnosed with ADHD almost 50% more than girls. We’ll address different learning styles and how a teacher’s particular style may be affecting your child’s ability to learn.
Then we’ll go into a detailed description on diet and the effects of sugar, carbohydrates, vitamin and nutrient deficiencies and food allergies. I’ll also give you some practical tips and print-outs so that you can design a diet that will help to manage your child’s behavior.
We’ll then look into over and under-stimulation including sleep, stress, television and video games and why under-stimulated gifted children are one of the most misdiagnosed group of “ADHD” kids.
Once we’ve covered all the physical aspects of managing ADHD, this course will go into some of the psychological factors at play. We’ll look at your child’s needs and how unmet needs can manifest as behavioral issues. And finally, we will cover the importance of values. You’ll find out how your child’s values can make or break their learning experience, how to figure out what their values are, and how to use this knowledge to transform your child’s ability to pay attention and absorb and retain information.
Although the course does cover the theory behind the alternatives, all the skills will be presented in practical ways that you can implement immediately in your family in order to start seeing results as quickly as possible. You will be provided with worksheets, additional resources and printable tools to make these changes as easy as possible for you as
Who this course is for:
- Parents who have been told that their child has ADHD but who question this diagnosis
- Parents who have been told that their child has ADHD and are uncomfortable with the treatment methods advised.
- Teachers and educators who would like more engagement in the classroom without medicating their students
- Parents who have a child on ADHD medication where the meds are not having the desired effect
- Parents who have a child on ADHD medication but the child is suffering with side-effects of the meds
Mia Von Scha is a Transformational Life Coach and Parenting Coach, a professional speaker, an author of inspirational children's books, a mother of two beautiful girls, and a lover of life. She has been featured in numerous television, radio and magazine interviews for her alternative approach to parenting and life.
Mia lives and works in Johannesburg, South Africa and coaches parents from all over the world via Skype. She is trained both in traditional therapy, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a certification in Trauma Counseling, and in various alternative therapies including Neuro Linguistic Programming, Life Coaching, Hypnotherapy, Stress Biofeedback, Time Paradigm Techniques and The Demartini Method.
She uses a combination of methods in her practice to effect instant and lasting change in her clients - the kind of change that completely transforms your life and has you living your dreams.