Psychology and Therapy of Addictions -ACCREDITED CERTIFICATE
What you'll learn
- Understand Theories of Addictions
- Learn how to work in Addictions related Therapies
- Develop an awareness of alcohol and drug related disorders and issues
- Learn about co-dependency, families of addicted persons, and relapse
- Learn about working as a 'Helper' in addiction related settings
- Understand how addictions are treated (psychology & medicine)
- Have an interest in helping people with addictions
- Have a general idea of therapeutic work
Welcome to 'Psychology & Therapy of Addictions' course!
This course is for you if you are a person who genuinely likes to help others and is particularly interested in working with people with addictions.
This course includes:
Counselling and therapy for people with addictions
Alcoholic parents and their children
How to become a 'substance misuse worker'
Treatments for drug addiction
Co-dependency and relapse
Models of disease related to addictions
Coping mechanisms and counselling someone with addictions
What is 'rehab' and how it works
and much more!
P.S. This course is now fully accredited by the IAOTH - International Association of Therapists!
P.P.S. At the end of the course you will see the instructions on how to obtain your certificate of completion
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in learning about drug and alcohol related addictions
- Students of Psychology and therapies
- Professionals working in caring and mental health settings
My name is Elmira Strange, and I am Motivational Psychologist (MPhil) and Psycho-Spiritual Coach (Dip). I am passionate about working with students who want to learn about Psychology and Spiritual Development.
My previous work involved Research Psychology (at a senior level) and Lecturing at University (Wales, UK) on the topics of Psychology & Counselling.
The unusual bit: I was born in Northern Kazakhstan (where it's freezing cold in winter -40C and really hot summers +40C), then moved to Moscow, Russia, and finally to London, UK (where I've been living ever since my teenage years).
The interesting bit: I had life-saving surgery (with 3 remaining days to live) and a near-death experience in 2012. The near-death experience started my inner transformative journey into spiritual realms. Currently, I've been living as a Digital Nomad (since 2015).
My interests: Psycho-Spiritual Development, Digital Nomad lifestyle, and Scuba Diving!