- 1 hour on-demand video
- 12 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Turn everyday interactions into meaningful connections to build your sense of belonging and help others feel valued
- Set a far-reaching goal that allows you to uniquely contribute to the world and then implement practical, daily steps to pursue that goal
- Assemble your life experiences into a coherent narrative
- Take practical steps to feel connected to something bigger than yourself on a daily basis
- Build a culture of meaning in your workplace, organization, or home
- This course is open to anyone who wants to learn how to pursue a more meaningful life. There are no prerequisites.
There's more to life than being happy. People who lead the most meaningful lives have a far-reaching purpose. They forge relationships where they help themselves and others feel valued. They assemble their experiences into a coherent narrative. And they contribute to something bigger than themselves.
If this all sounds abstract, it doesn’t have to be. In this 3-hour, video-based course, Emily Esfahani Smith, the author of The Power of Meaning: Crafting a Life that Matters will teach you concrete strategies for implementing elements of belonging, purpose, storytelling, and transcendence into your everyday life in practical ways and achievable steps.
Drawing on the latest research in positive psychology; along with insights from philosophers across the ages, Emily Esfahani Smith will share strategies from real people and companies that have effectively built meaningful lives or established cultures of meaning. You’ll create a Meaningful Life Notebook where you can implement and record the results of the experiments you take to start pursuing a life that matters. In the process, you’ll immeasurably deepen your own life, and start to figure out how you can help others in the process.
- Anyone who wants to take concrete and practical steps to build a more meaningful life--for themselves and for others
Emily welcomes you and introduces the concepts that will be explored in this course.
In this lecture, Emily will highlight the distinct differences between living a meaningful life and a happy life. She explains how living with meaning enriches your life far greater than purely seeking a happy life.
In this lecture, Emily will present examples and stories for how you can change your mindset and attitude toward your job in order to build purpose into your work.
In this lecture, Emily will dig into the two most common stories we tend to tell and how we can alter them in more positive ways.