Active Listening Skills To Give And Receive Feedback At Work
What you'll learn
- Give constructive feedback that people listen to
- Have people actually think about and make changes based on your feedback
- Take feedback and actually hear what people are telling you
- Improve your listening skills
- Have more productive working relationships with people by boosting your listening skills
- Gain a valuable leadership and career skill
- No prerequisites, just an open mind to improve your listening skills
Learn a professional and systematic way to give and receive feedback at work and in your personal life using the Situation-Behavior-Impact (SBI) model.
Giving or taking bad, critical, or negative feedback at work or in your interpersonal situations can be difficult. There is also a risk of having the conversation turn negative, and escalate into a conflict that is accompanied by negative emotions like anger, frustration, or even fear.
This course will give you skills to listen better and to read the emotions of the other person better so you would be less likely to have your difficult conversations go poorly, and achieve desired outcomes.
LEARN ACTIVE LISTENING
Active listening is a technique that is used in counseling, training, and solving disputes or conflicts. It requires that the listener fully concentrate, understand, respond, and then remember what is being said. This is opposed to other listening techniques like reflective listening and empathic listening.
USE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE DURING ACTIVE LISTENING
When you listen, there is much more to the conversation that just what's being said. You have to think about the other person's emotions and do your best to direct their emotions and yours. You also have to pay attention to their body language, facial features, and tone of voice.
LISTEN WITH EMPATHY
Try to truly understand what people are saying. Be present in the moment and understand how they feel and how the topic of conversation impacts the other person's life.
GIVING FEEDBACK AND RECEIVING FEEDBACK
Much of active listening is used in the workplace. Throughout your career, you will be giving feedback and receiving feedback on many occasions. This course will help you understand the other person when you are receiving feedback.
RESPONSIVE AND CARING INSTRUCTOR: WORLD-CLASS STUDENT SUPPORT
If you have questions, know that I am here to help! I answer 99% of student questions within 24 hours. Many students tell me that other instructors don't respond. Well, I do because
1) I care about my students.
2) I feel a responsibility to make sure that students get their money's worth from the course.
Invest in yourself. Enroll today!
Who this course is for:
- Professionals, leaders, managers, and people who just want to improve listening skills
Originally from Ukraine. 3-time bestselling Amazon author with some of my books used in universities and high schools across the country.
20+ time Udemy bestselling instructor.
- 10+ years in entrepreneurship
- 10+ years in SEO and marketing
- Coached over 1,000 entrepreneurs
When you enroll in my courses, you get:
- Personal care and attention: I host regular office hours for my students and reply to 99% of student questions within 24 hours and my goal is to reply within 1 hour.
- Instructor with deep expertise, proven success, and knowledge that is both theoretical and practical.
I am committed to student success and go the extra mile to help students in my courses succeed at whatever they are working on, whether it is planning, starting or growing your business.
More about me:
I am also the creator of top entrepreneur mobile apps with 2,000,000+ downloads, host of a popular business and marketing channel on YouTube with 3,000,000+ views, successful affiliate marketer, a serial entrepreneur in many other fields.
I have a BS in Computer Science from SJSU, and after working as a software engineer, I wanted to take a bigger role in the businesses I worked in, and that is how I got into business and marketing. Today, I am a world-class marketer and successful entrepreneur.
What I am interested in now when it comes to business:
I am a productivity and emotional intelligence geek. I geek out on things like motivation, building healthy habits, and creativity.
Some of my own favorite topics that I teach:
I have seen any of my students succeed in Amazon eCommerce. Selling on Amazon can be very lucrative and I love seeing my students do well.
I also teach many SEO topics that I myself use all the time. They include link-building, keyword research, and using other sites like YouTube, Amazon, and even freelancing sites like Fiverr as search engines to get discovered when people are searching.
My interests outside business and entrepreneurship:
I like playing soccer, chess, dabbling in philosophy, creating music, and writing lyrics. Plus, I am always daydreaming about finally getting a dog (a rescue from a shelter, of course).