Active Listening Skills: Give & Receive Feedback At Work
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Give constructive feedback that people listen to
- Have people actually think about and make changes based on your feedback
- Take feedback and actually hear what people are telling you
- Improve your listening skills
- Have more productive working relationships with people
- Gain a valuable leadership and career skill
- No prerequisites, just an open mind.
Learn a professional and systematic way to give and receive feedback at work and in your personal life using the Situation-Behavior-Impact (SBI) model.
Giving or taking bad, critical, or negative feedback at work or in your interpersonal situations can be difficult. There is also a risk of having the conversation turn negative, and escalate into a conflict that is accompanied by negative emotions like anger, frustration, or even fear.
This course will give you skills to listen better and to read the emotions of the other person better so you would be less likely to have your difficult conversations go poorly, and achieve desired outcomes.
LEARN ACTIVE LISTENING
Active listening is a technique that is used in counseling, training, and solving disputes or conflicts. It requires that the listener fully concentrate, understand, respond, and then remember what is being said. This is opposed to other listening techniques like reflective listening and empathic listening.
USE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
When you listen, there is much more to the conversation that just what's being said. You have to think about the other person's emotions and do your best to direct their emotions and yours. You also have to pay attention to their body language, facial features, and tone of voice.
LISTEN WITH EMPATHY
Try to truly understand what people are saying. Be present in the moment and understand how they feel and how the topic of conversation impacts the other person's life.
Invest in yourself. Enroll today!
- Professionals, leaders, managers, and people who just want to communicate better.