Active Directory on Windows Server
What you'll learn
- Deploy domain controllers
- Understand OU, Domain and Forest design
- Deploy Read Only Domain Controllers (RODCs)
- Manage Operations Masters (FSMO)
- Manage user accounts, computer accounts and groups
- Deploy domain controllers using PowerShell
- Plan Active Directory Sites and manage replication
- Perform Active Directory migrations
- Deploy and manage Certificate Services/Certification Authorities
- A basic understanding of Windows based networks.
- Understand the concept of an Active Directory Domain
Do you want to be a master of Active Directory? If so, this course is intended for you. This course will broaden your knowledge of active directory domain services (AD DS). You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Work Place Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services (RMS), Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory.
This course is beneficial for those that are already IT professionals and for those that are entering the IT field.
You will learn:
· Active Directory terms
· Active Directory deployment
· Deployment using PowerShell
· User account creation and management
· Computer account creation and management
· Group administration
· OU structuring and management
· Configuring delegation
· Planning Global Catalog placement
· Read Only Domain Controller deployment
· Managing Operations Masters (FSMO Roles)
· Group Policy fundamentals
· Domain and Forest functional levels
· Implementation of the Active Directory Recycle Bin
· Planning Active Directory site design
· Configuring Active Directory sites
· Planning Active Directory Trusts relationships
· Creating trusts between two separate forests
· Disaster preparedness and recovery of Active Directory
· Restoring Active Directory objects
· And more...
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted to those that want to learn active directory deployment and administration.
I have been in the technology field for more than 20 years. I have been a high performing Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2000 and a Cisco Certified Systems Instructor since 2006. I began my career in telecommunications more than 20 years ago. Since then I have worked as a Systems Admin, Network Admin, System integrator, Solutions Architect, and CTO. My courses are not presentations that rely on slides to explain concepts. My goal is to demonstrate every concept covered, instead of using slides that cover theory, we will use the interface to configure every setting that is discussed. In my view, if you do not know how to complete a task that a course covered, that course was not beneficial. I will make sure that you know how to complete each task and the various configurations for those tasks.