Acing the Consulting Case Interview
What you'll learn
- What a case interview looks like - based on a simulation
- What interviewers expect from candidates
- Structure case answers in a logical way
- Math tips and tricks for case interviews
- Logical thinking instead of pre-cooked frameworks
- No prior knowledge required - just like in a real case interview.
- Understanding basic principles that govern business organizations will be helpful.
Top consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, Big 4 companies, etc.) use case interviews in their recruitment processes to select the best candidates for the job. Cracking those interviews requires:
Understanding what case interviews test
Structuring the case problem logically
Communicating your thought process clearly
Good skills in using (simple) maths
Ability to synthesize your answers
In this course I will be teaching you all of the above. Because I am senior manager at one of the top consulting firms and I interview candidates regularly you can be sure that what I share here will be useful in your recruitment processes.
Taking this course you should expect:
A solid dose of theory required to tackle case interviews. This will include:
Interviewers’ expectations as to candidates’ performance
Solution stages of each and every case
Ways of structuring case problems irrespective of frameworks and approaches to properly analyzing them
...and other crucial takeaways for you
Tips and tricks that you can use to your advantage when solving quantitative (maths) parts of case interviews
A simulation of a complete case interview that I interrupt and comment on extensively
Having been on both sides: interviewee and interviewer, I recommend this course to everyone wanting to perform better on their case interviews. Hit ‘Enroll now’ and let’s start the prep!
Who this course is for:
- Candidates expecting to go through a case interview (undergraduates, postgraduates and experienced hires alike)
- Students considering applying to consulting firms - to understand what they need to prepare for
- Analysts and consultants starting their consulting career - to learn more about structuring consulting engagements
- Everyone interested in business case solving approaches
Hi, my name is Piotr. Firstly, thank you for your interest in my courses.
Throughout my lectures I want to inspire you to solve your business problems in a thoughtful and structured way. Whether you are a student contemplating starting a career in management or consulting, an entrepreneur or an employee of any kind of business - I will explain to you a framework for business problem solving.
I will share with you my experience and perspectives of a business and technology consultant for leading global consulting firms, an entrepreneur, and a university lecturer.
Before switching to business and consutling I studied engineering at Imperial College in London and ETH in Zurich and philosophy at LSE.