Ace Your 105, Coastal Navigation Written Sailing Exam
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the navigational theory and best practices to safely navigate a sailing vessel in coastal or inland waters
- Safely plan and chart day-sail and multi-day courses, with consideration for winds, weather, tides, currents and other factors
- Gain new navigational skills, including quick and accurate dead reckoning plots, chart appreciation and value, use of navigation instruments, the US Aids to Navigation (ATON) system, Light lists, variation and deviation, transits and more
- Gain the knowledge and preparation to ACE your 105 sailing exam.
- Demonstrate best practices and proper conventions to plot dead reckoning positions quickly and accurately
- This is a stand-alone home-study course on navigation. You need no prior experience or sailing knowledge.
- However if you are new to sailing, consider taking 101 or 1 03 for a solid grounding in sailing fundamentals
- You will need to purchase NOAA chart 1020-TR in order to use this course effectively. And have a few navigator's tools.
This is a comprehensive sailing course in coastal navigation, It is also a prep course for ASA 105 Coastal Navigation and a prerequisite for 106, It is packed with navigation learning and helpful for mastering seamanship. It is divided into 9 chapters – several with practice navigation practice problems and solutions, plus 7 appendices of supplemental content. Additionally it is salted with the author's hard-won tips and insights on how to remain safe and smart under sail. . .
- If you have progressed through 104, and committed to the next step toward sailing mastery. or with equivalent experience, and is committed to coastal and off-shore cruising
- If you desire to become the navigator aboard a sailing or cruising yacht
- If you are preparing to take ASA106 (passing ASA 105 is a prerequisite)
- If you are curious about how to safely navigate coastal waters anywhere in the world
- If you are on a path to living the the cruising dream or just want more sailing knowledge for now
Section One Lecture 2: Get grounded in chart fundamentals that will make make sense of everything that follows.