Ace Your 103, Basic Coastal Cruising Written Sailing Exam
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- • Feel confident in your readiness to ace the 103 Basic Coastal Cruisiing sailing knowledge exam
- • Be familiar with sailing concepts, procedures and terms you need to be "good crew" on the water
- • Have an understanding of new sailing knowledge at the intermediate level, such as anchoring and reefing, and other good stuff to know
- Be confident and knowledgeable crew
- Delve into Supplemental Content for an optional deeper understanding of any of several topics
- If you have a basic understanding of sailing, such as points of sail, maneuvers and terminology, etc., then this course is for you.
- Just show up with rudimentary sailing experience and curiosity and hunger for more sailing knowledge
When you are ready to take your knowledge from 101 Basic Keelboat ground school,to the next level of sailing knowledge: adding reefing, anchoring, basic navigation and good mariner stuff to what you've already learned, then this is the right place for your next step. OR when you are facing the prospect of taking the 103 Basic Coastal Cruising written exam, this is the right summary course to review to help you pass your exam with flying colors. Additionally, you will have the knowledge that will bring you to a whole new level of understanding sailing: intermediate level terminology, systems, concepts and tips to help you make sense of your on-the-water experience.
- Learn intermediate sailing– and be safe and competent on the water
- Ace your 103 written knowledge exam – without test anxiety
- Feel competent in your new role as skipper or crew on a sailboat
- Accelerate your learning – fast, easy and more efficient than reading
This course is patterned after the format of the American Sailing Association's learn to sail programs. It does not take the place of an ASA instructor or on-the-water practice and experience. However it contains a body of essential knowledge to advance your skills and seamanship. This course contains over three hours of content – utilizing over 250 colorful pictures, graphics and narrations by a senior ASA instructor to add to your experience of having “been there done that" before you ever face the situation on the water. The content is divided into seven modules: Terminology (Sailor-speak); Anchoring, Rules of the Road; Charts and Navigation; Knots to Know; and Required/Good to Know. Supplemental content covers several topics in detail… all essential knowledge to advance your confidence and competence while sailing an auxiliary powered sloop rig in light to moderate sea conditions and winds.
- ASA divides sailing instruction into on-the-water instruction and sailing knowledge. This course is the second-level knowledge portion of sailing and complements on-the-water instruction.
- Take this course if you have passed the ASA 101 course and want to continue on to ASA 103 (Note there is no 102).
- Take this course if you are planning to challenge the ASA 103 exam (option to experienced sailors)
- Take this course if you are learning sailing from a friend, or even teaching yourself
- Take this course if you desire to be reliable and capable crew, or desire to be skipper
- Take this course as a complement to your 104 on-the-water course