Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM)
What you'll learn
- Master the fundamental core concepts within ETRM
- Learn the intricacies of the different energy commodity value chains - Oil, Gas, Coal and Power
- Provide real world examples and case studies during interviews, presentations and sales pitches
- Formulas with working excel spreadsheets - better grasp how they work when variables are changed.
- Outshine the competition by demonstrating deep understanding of the energy and commodity trading business.
- One stop shop for all your ETRM queries
- 100+ must know fundamental terminologies to help you speak like an ETRM professional
- Access to energy podcasts - Meet the industry professionals and hear their stories
- Visualize the "big-picture" of an energy company and how different departments work
- Understand the functions of Front / Mid and Back offices within an energy trading house
- Understand the most crucial reports such as PnL, Mtm, Exposure, VaR , etc and how they are structured
- Learn the different types of contracts and how to model them within an ETRM application
- Learn how energy exchanges operate across different regions
- Learn the different types of energy instruments and how they are typically used in hedging
- Understand the different types of risks faced by an energy company and how to mitigate them
- Proficiency in the English Language.
Energy - More important than ever right now!
Some economists say that the GDP of a country is directly proportional to its energy consumption. The global population is predicated to reach nearly 10 billion people by 2050. This will put high requirements on the demand for energy globally, requirements for leaner and more efficient supply chains, a push towards a diversified energy portfolio mix and stricter environmental and regulatory control. The impact would be a spurge in need for specialists having deep domain knowledge within the energy space to help our precious blue planet face some of its biggest energy challenges and hopefully help us transition into the "new-energy" age.
The course is specifically designed to impart you with the fundamental concepts to thrive and succeed in banking, commodity and energy companies and get your foot in the door of the world of ETRM - Energy Trading and Risk Management. I have attempted to simplify and break down complex concepts into easy digestible pieces to ensure maximum learning is transitioned to you, in an entertaining manner.
The focused cheat sheets will help you solidify your learning. The wide range of questions in the form of quizzes (multiple choice questions) will assist in consolidating your knowledge. Lastly, I talk to industry professionals from a wide range of backgrounds within energy and upload them in the form of podcasts. You get access to those as well in this course.
Ideally, you should be able to complete it within 3 months. But since you will get lifetime access, feel free to take your own sweet time.
So come, join hands with me and let's partner together to understand the intricacies and dynamics of the ETRM industry. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you clear it in the first attempt :)
What you get with the course:
All the fundamental core concepts you need to thrive in the ETRM industry
250+ Practice Quiz Questions - aligned to the GARP - ERP paper pattern
7 previous years GARP Practice Papers
Formulas with working Excel Spreadsheets - better grasp how they work when variables are changed.
Consolidated links to important learning materials available online - all required help in one place.
One Stop Shop for all your ETRM Queries - via other participants on this course who passed the exam and myself of course
Access to Energy Podcasts within the course - Meet the professionals from various backgrounds.
100+ Must Know Fundamental Terminologies - speak like an Energy Risk Professional
Learn ETRM in a fast pace and structured manner with all the content in one stop shop!
Core concepts covered in this course:
ETRM - Part 1 - Physicals
Hedging, Speculation and Arbitrage
Risks involved in energy trading
Crude Oil Value Chain
What the hell is "Dated Brent" ?
Natural Gas Value Chain
Power Value Chain
Power Trading - Calculating the clearing price
Coal Value Chain
Price Reporting Agencies
Agro Value Chain (Bonus)
122 practice questions for ERP - Part 1
ETRM - Part 2 - Financials
Forwards and Futures
Energy Commodity Options
Black Scholes Option Pricing
Costless Collar Hedging Strategies
The Brent Complex and Brent CFD
Cross Hedging Strategies
Valuation of Energy Swaps
Energy Exchanges and Trade Mechanisms
Exchange Futures for Physicals (EFPs)
PnL, VaR and CFaR
142 practice questions for ERP - Part 2
Post registering, click on the "resources" button provided by Udemy under each lecture to open the cheat sheets, presentation and ready made excel formula sheets for you to leverage.
1. This is a beginner level course and not designed for advanced industry experts. However, post registering, you get access to our community of over 600+ Energy Professionals. You can leverage this community for interactions or advance queries through this platform.
2. Sometimes the audio volume tends to get low (my apologies in advance). I urge you to use headphones and after that, it should be perfectly audible. In case you still face issues, just drop me a mail and I will assist you on the same.
3. Honest and transparent participant feedback on the Udemy course platform. You may probably not find this anywhere else on the internet.
4. Note - the closest certificate available to demonstrate competency in the ETRM industry, used to be the GARP - ERP exam. However, the exam itself is discontinued from GARP. At the same time, the ETRM industry continues to thrive and in my view is going to witness strong growth over the next decade.
#Learn ETRM #ETRM Course #ETRM online course
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts / Consultants involved in the ETRM indsutry and want to extend their knowledge
- Financial Analysts – To understand the nature of the different financial risks involved within a commodity/energy firm.
- Consultants & Analysts – To demonstrate the nuances of different commodity value chains and risks involved in your company
- Junior Traders – Get early access to knowledge what the senior trader might not teach you yet!
- Trade Support Staff – Learn what’s going on behind the screens and apply critical thinking to the trade processes and documentation.
- Students – Currently pursuing or wish to pursue a career within the energy / commodity supply chain industry
- Teachers – This will help you to demonstrate real life examples within the industry.
- Energy Job Candidates - Use this course to quickly brush up your skill sets before your interview process
- ETRM Job / Contractor Role - Interview Candidates - quickly recap the concepts here!
Hello there! I'm a certified Energy Risk Professional and ERP Coach from GARP and have been working in the energy markets for the past 8 years. I have also done my MBA in Energy Trading and Risk Management.
Prior to that, I was a corporate trainer at Peak Performance trainings and have trained over 300+ people in the energy operations business.
Currently, I work as an energy trading and risk management analyst in Hamburg, Germany - helping my company implement the best practices w.r.t design/process and technology for the energy markets in Europe.