ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level 2022 - Accredited
What you'll learn
- You will get a basic understanding on software testing
- You will be able to discuss with other software testers using the same terminology
- You have paved the road for further learning and advancement in the ISTQB certification scheme
- With this course you will be able to pass the ISQTB - CTFL exam
- You will have a high level overview on all parts included in software testing
- No previous knowledge is required
- A basic understanding of software development is handy but nor required
This is an ISTQB accredited course for the CTFL (Certified Tester Foundation Level) certification.
This is not a read-out of the syllabus as is the case in many other courses as I do not see that as a proper course. The information from the syllabus is used in this course, mentioned, explained and wherever necessary examples are given in native-level English. Each chapter contains a quiz at the end which contains actual exam questions in order for you to get used to the way questions are asked on the exam. In each chapter we will also solve several questions together to get you used to the way questions are asked in the ISTQB Exam. This is an important part as both the questions and answers are sometimes formulated to throw you off.
This course has been written to help (aspiring) software testers, developers and other people interested in software testing grasp the basics and fundamentals of software testing. The entire 2018 syllabus is covered and some extra bonus material is also included. All terminology matches the terminology used in the latest ISTQB glossary.
Besides getting you ready for the ISTQB-CTFL exam with the course, sample exams and tips and tricks, I would really like to teach you about software testing; things that you can use in your day-to-day work.
As you can see on Udemy, there are various courses already on this subject; so why would you take this course?
1. The course has been written on the 2018 syllabus and some interesting subjects from the 2011 are also included;
2. The material is ISTQB accredited and is the same material as if you would come in and join one of my classroom trainings;
3. There are more than 130 questions included in the course that will help you greatly;
4. We will go through questions together in each chapter;
5. Examples and exercises form a vital aspect of this course;
6. No false promises about you being a great software tester after you finish this course; however, this course is a very good starting point;
7. You will learn the basics and should be able to pass the exam without problems in the first go (if you pay attention of course);
8. Besides getting ready for the exam and most likely passing it on your first attempt, you will get a solid understanding of software testing fundamentals.
If you have any questions or remarks during the course, please post it on the discussion board and I will answer as fast as possible.
Who this course is for:
- Junior testers and senior testers who want to start using common terminology
- Anyone who wants or needs a basic understanding of software testing
- Developers who want to understand software testing
I am the owner and managing director of ProTest Solutions, based in Zagreb, Croatia. At ProTest we test software with our sister company Ključ Savjetovanje ('Key Consultancy') and provide training to (aspiring) software testers.
Since 2018, ProTest Solutions is an accredited training provider for the CTFL 2018 course and our sister Ključ Savjetovanje has become an ISTQB Gold Partner. The courses I provide on Udemy are all officially accredited courses, which is quite rare on online learning platforms.
I have about 12 years of experience in the software industry in various roles. Most actual roles are Release Manager and Test Leader of an independent testing company that tests software in the aviation industry.
Since the start of my career in software development, I have become very passionate about Software Quality Assurance and testing and love working with top teams towards achieving common goals. Projects that succeed are fantastic, but seeing projects that fail are even better for learning and improving.
Successful software can only be built by listening to the customer and talking with the customer. By doing just that, I have become very customer oriented with strong skills in Analysis, Risk Management and the implementation and execution of effective and efficient Test Management.
Through the years I have trained a lot of people on Software Testing which has resulted in enhanced knowledge of employees and peers in a variety of industries.
The materials I have prepared will help you in preparing for the certification and enhance your knowledge in the software testing area.