Accounting for Beginners : Learn Basics in under 1 Hour
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Do accounting for their business or at job
- students have clear understanding of basic accounting
- Make foundation of finance clear
- Do journal entries
- Prepare financial statement
- Prepare workbook
- Understand Gaap principles
- Prepare ledgers and trial balance
- Willingness to complete the course
- Excel sheet given in first lecture
Warm welcome to the course page of accounting for beginners !
This course is for beginners who want to learn accounting with simplified method.
In this course, you will able to learn following from the help of excel sheet:
- basic accounting terms, accounting entries, accounting principles as per GAAP,
- concept of accrual vs prepayment,
- methods of cash accounting vs accrual accounting,
- accounting cycle,
- how to prepare ledger,
- how to make trial balance and prepare financial statements.
More than 2000+ students get the benefits.
The course has +79 minutes of content having 20 lectures.
- First section is introduction section.
- Second part is theory part explaining fundamentals of accounting, accounting terms, accounting principles as per GAAP, concept of cash accounting vs accrual accounting.
- In third section, I have explained how to do basic accounting via drafting ledgers and preparing trial balance.
- Fourth part is having ex plainer videos about how to prepare financial statements and close the accounts.
- Fifth section is resources in which I have given 10 Exercises so that you can do repetition what you have learnt.
- Additionally there are quizzes given after completion of each section for knowledge testing.
You should take this course because it is simple and still effective and covering basics in very short duration. After completion of course, Your accounting fundamentals will be strong and you will be able to do basic accounting for business or at job or for client. You can view preview lectures FREE before purchasing !
For puchasing, Just click the take this course button. You have nothing to lose. In fact, you have got a lot to gain.
- Business person who want to know fundamentals of accounting
- Person who want to learn accounting for job
- Person who want to start part time accounting business
- Students who want to make career in finance
- Person who is willing to learn and do exercise given in the course
- Have clear maths concept
Welcome to first lecture !
In this lecture, you will get idea about following :
- what you will learn throughout the course and
- idea about how I have explained the course.
- What preparation is required from your side to get maximum benefit of the course.
- Resources given in the course.
I request you to download resources given in this lecture for smooth understanding.
Welcome to the lecture:
In this lecture, you will learn about following principles, assumptions and objectives of accounting as per GAAP:
- Entity assumption
- Monetary unit assumption
- Time period assumption
- Conservatism principle
- Materiality principle
- Revenue recognition principle
- Cost principle
- Full disclosure principle
- going concern principle
- Reliable and verifiable
In this lecture, you will learn about following terms:
- Assets - Tangible assets, intangible assets, current assets, Fixed assets
- Liability - creditors, loans etc.
- Documents like vouchers, bills, receipts, statements etc.
I have explained following in this lecture :
Classification of accounts :
- Personal account
- Real account
- Nominal account
Chart of account via excel sheet:
By this chart, you will be able to recognize class of account and recognize whether it is asset or liability.
This lecture is covering two important Concepts of accounting:
- Double entry system
- Golden rules of accounting
By this lecture, you will learn following:
- What is double entry system of accounting?
- How it works?
- What is accounting equation?
- Explanation of golden rules of accounting
In this lecture, you will understand following important points:
- Concept of accrual accounting
- Concept of cash accounting
- Difference between accrual and cash accounting
- Impact of profit due to change of accounting method via excel sheet
Everything in accounts is based on journal entries.
Learn following in this lecture:
- How to recognize account involved in transaction and type of account?
- How to do journal entry from transaction by using golden rules of accounting?
This is bonus lecture. In this lecture, you will learn
- concept of accrual and prepayment
- how to do journal entries for accrual, prepayment and advance given?
- How to record accrual, prepayment and advances in balance sheet?
- How to determine right income and expense to be recorded in profit and loss account as per accrual accounting?