Basics of Accounting & finance for Business Executives
What you'll learn
- Develop a good understanding of basics of accounting and finance and be able to engage accounts & finance people as well as use the knowledge for business decisions
- Understand the business stages and lifecycle; and their challenges
- Accounting methods, fundamentals and application
- Basics of booking, methods, tools and application
- Financial statements, structure & interpretation
- Introduction to working capital, cycle and management
- Understand financial ratios and application to business financials measurements for success
- Understand the balance sheet, income statement and cash Flow Statement work and how they relate.
- Learn about budgeting, types and methods
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Basic business knowledge.
- No prior knowledge about accounts & finance is required
- Open and curious mind to learn
When a lot of non-accounts or finance background/oriented professionals delve into the realm of finance, perceptions sometimes block their understanding.” But if you start with the basics, you’ll be able to pick it up. Most people think the language is difficult to understand/flow with and boring. The good news is that it is not difficult!
If you belong to the above category or would like to refresh your accounting and finance skills, then this course is for you! Welcome, you are in the right place. My overs 20 years experience in the financial sector, consulting, human resource and training; and great track record has been put to solid use in putting this course together for you.
This course is designed for non-finance background people, aspiring and existing entrepreneurs, business owners, business managers and supervisors, students and everyone interested in understanding the fundamentals of accounting and finance to enable them apply in business decision making, personal or professional development. The course outlines, content and facilitation style have been carefully chosen and tailored to suit the target audience and easy to follow and understand.
Understanding the basics of finance and accounting will help:
as employees, you communicate better with your employer, management and colleagues; as a business person you communicate better with the business stakeholders.
More likely to be in control of your business and career.
The course has an introduction with the overview of the course, it has modules covering: Basics of business lifecycle, Accounting methods & fundamentals, Basics of financial statements, structure & interpretation, Working capital & management, Financials & performance measures and the outlined course objectives. The outro at the end of the course gives a recap.
I am confident you will enjoy this course and find value.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners and managers
- Non-finance background executives
- Business managers and supervisors
- Everyone with non finance background interested in understanding accounts and finance for good decision making, personal and professional developemnt
Funke Medun is the CEO of Leapworld Limited, a full-service business development support (BDS) and human resources consultancy with global alliances. She holds a first degree in Geology, an MBA from the prestigious Lagos Business School (LBS) and currently a doctoral research student. She is an accredited and World bank trained BDS Expert Consultant. She is an associate member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) and a licensed human resource practitioner (HRPL). She is an alumnae of China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) and IESE Business School, Spain. She is also an alumnae of the United State government funded exchange program academy for women entrepreneurs (AWE). She is an associate member of women in business and management (WIMBIZ) Nigeria, a business coach and mentor, and sits on the board of some organizations.
Funke had about a decade of experience with the top banks Zenith Bank plc and Guaranty Trust Bank plc before joining the consulting industry. She has committed herself to help entrepreneurs, NGOs and already established businesses perform at their best. She has a sleuth of projects that she currently works on and has helped execute in the past such as team lead for the World Bank Growth & Employment (GEM) project; United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) HP-LIFE project; Bank Of Industry (BOI) Nigeria BDSP; Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) project BDSP & Capacity Building; Women Entrepreneurship & Leadership for Africa (WELA) program, amongst others. Funke is a multi-talented scholar, an author, a vibrant and always up to something, she believes we all can do amazing things!
Funke is also very active in community development. She is a volunteer financial education trainer with the “financial literacy for all” project, Nigeria (in Collaboration with Common Wealth UK) and a life-skills trainer with the Lagos Eko Education project (World Bank funded). She was also a mentor under the Guaranty Trust Bank plc staff mentoring scheme and a peer educator with the Health & Life planning club (Action Health Incorporated, Lagos).