Accounting Debits and Credits - Accounting Play
- Very Basic Accounting Knowledge
Welcome to the course that is all about learning Debits & Credits! I am John Gillingham, CPA, from Accounting Play. I have my own firm, accounting educational apps on iOS & Android, and enjoy teaching. After this course, I want you to:
-Learn accounting debits & credits increases and decreases across the main accounts
-Use debits & credits for journal entries, financial statements, and bookkeeping
-Learn the language of accounting: Accounting Equation, Financial Statements - Such as the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and more
This stuff is hard, but I am here to guide you step by step using your eBook and recommending innovative optional app resources. Come and join me on this journey with Accounting Play and learn this technical concept once and for all.
About the concept: Debits and credits form the foundation of the accounting system. The mechanics of the system must be memorized. Once understood, you will be able to properly classify and enter transactions. These entries make up the data used to prepare financial statements, such as the balance sheet and income statement. While software has simplified entering daily transactions, debit and credit entries are always recorded in the background.
- Financial Accounting Students
- Bookkeepers and Accountants
- MBA Students
- Accounting Professionals Seeking Deeper Understanding
- Download Your Debits and Credits Course Book HERE00:02
- Download a Cheat Sheet For You : D00:01
- Get the Optional Apps - Using Your Resources06:03
- Optional - About Accounting Play06:07
- About Learning Debits and Credits01:44
- Tutorial for Learn Debits and Credits05:53
- Accounting Equation and T-Accounts10:43
- Debits and Credits Diagram10:06
- Asset T-Accounts05:09
- Asset and Expense T-Accounts03:42
- Asset and Contra Asset Transactions08:04
- Liability Transactions07:56
- Equity Transactions07:46
- Revenue Transations05:59
- Expense Transactions04:10
- Basic Transactions 2 T-Accounts I07:03
- Basic Transactions 2 T-Accounts II06:38
John Gillingham has his own CPA firm, makes creative learning tools, and consults. He designs Accounting Play products for financial accounting students and professionals.
Gillingham has ten years of financial services experience, seven of which have been with CPA firms specializing in tax, accounting, and general consultancy. Prior clients while working with other firms include audit of a multi-national manufacturing entity, high-high net worth tax for individuals, and trust work. The focus has turned to San Francisco startups and owners that need deep tax and practical consulting. High-net worth tax experience is utilized as individuals and companies grow.