Accounting 101 - The Principles Of Accounting
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to classify the types of accounts
- Students will be able to classify the types of transactions
- Students will be able to understand debit & credit
- Students will be able to pass Journal Entries
- You should be able to use the computer at a basic level
Principles Of Accounting:
"Accounting 101 is Part 1 out of a series of Accounting Courses that are designed to help the complete beginner, go on to master the basics concepts of accounting and move on step by step to become a professional accountant!
The course is not just theory but also takes real life examples and walks you through the accounting process. It is meant for students who would like to grasp the accounting concepts in an easy and fun learning environment.
This is a slow moving course. Please do not expect me to move fast since it is designed for the beginner student. Those students who are already aware of accounting concepts should take a more advanced level course instead.
In this course we are going to learn about the basic accounting principles of:
What are Assets?
What are Liabilities?
What is Revenue?
What are Expenses?
What is Capital?
Types of Transactions, Cash or Credit?
Double Entry System
Rules for Debit & Credit
Passing Journal Entries / Posting Entries To The General Journal
Having completed the entire series students of the proper age would be able to take up entry level jobs as accountants, however students would have to practice these concepts again and again externally so that they can grasp real world applications quickly.
The other parts of this Accounting Series are as follows:
Accounting 102 - The Ledger & The Trial Balance
Accounting 103 - The Special Journals & The Subsidiary Ledgers
Accounting 104 - Bank Reconciliation & Correction Of Errors
- Anyone looking to learn Accounting as a beginner
- Beginners Only... This is a slow paced course that teaches students who have no previous education in accounting principles.