Accent Reduction Made Fast and Easy
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 53 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course, you will be able to speak American English in a much clearer and confident way because you have a much better American English pronunciation.
- You shouldn't have to worry about how you are speaking but be able to concentrate on what you are saying.
- You need to dare to speak American English daily [and people in the US don’t care about your mistakes!!] and also commit to studying hard. If you do, your pronunciation [and you] will shine.
- I've also included homework materials which are different from the main materials in the videos, be sure to work with these as well.
This course is about how to learn to say difficult sounds in English quickly and to reduce your accent audibly. We will cover the most important phonics/sounds that my clients - from India, China, France, Russia, Brazil, Spain and so on - have the most problems with doing business in the US/Silicon Valley. You don't have to go through all the lectures, just pick the areas you feel you still have to work on and practice the words diligently. You will see the slides that go with the video and most of the time, I also uploaded additional practice materials. If you work on your English pronunciation consistently, you will see results really fast.
- You need to know some spoken American English already to benefit from the course. But, since this is an American English speaking course with lots of examples, if you practice a lot, you will be successful and will master American English.
Welcome to accent reduction made fast and easy!
This course is for you, if you speak English but want to sound better and want your friends and colleagues to understand you clearly.
I've been working with accent reduction and American communications for the past 16 years, so in this class, we're going to go through the sounds and word stresses that I found foreign-born speakers have the most trouble with. I speak 5 languages myself and know what it is like to work on getting a good accent!
The course is divided into short segments which will walk you through the vowels, consonants and more of the sounds which are troublesome like the Rs & Ls the Vs & Ws and the THs, not to forget words with er, ir and or - like word, world, work that a lot of people can't really say well.
We will also focus on the syllables in words which need stress on them, so you don't put the "emphasis on the wrong syllable".
Once you've gone through all parts, and have practiced them well, you will definitely notice improvements and see that you've reached your goals and can feel good about your speech.
Oh, just to let you know, I've also put together some documents you can download as well, which will give you even more material to practice.
So have fun, get started soon, because the more you practice, the faster you'll have the results you want.
I don't think this is something that is consciously taking place in people's minds, but - at least for me - you don't sound quite as educated if you don't make a right TH sound.