- 2 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write better academic essays
- Understand how to answer ANY essay question
- Structure an essay with a clear introduction and conclusion
- Write excellent main body paragraphs that build upon on your ideas and strengthen your argument
- Be confident in answering EVERY aspect of the question
- Use our tested template to write a flawless plan which informs your writing
- Think critically and impress your readers
- Be preparing for or have already started a university course
- Be 15 or over
- Be confident in English language (IELTS 6.0 or above if not your first language)
- If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 or above is recommended. Please check online for TOEFL/TOEIC equivalent scores.
Essay writing 101 for college or university is a step-by-step guide to writing outstanding essays for all types of essay questions. Understand what it takes to write academically and supercharge your grades.
Course updated 2017!
Over 1000 students enrolled already! Join us and learn how to get the grades you deserve!
Discover the Secrets of Writing Outstanding Academic Essays Using Proven Methods
- Learn the dynamics of advanced academic writing
- Reference right every time and correctly for your needs
- Recognise all theessay types and structuresfor university study
- Build a solid essay through proper planning and preparation
- Test progress through our free quizzes and downloads
Together, we'll go through every stage of academic writing from analysing the question to creating a well-crafted conclusion.
are many benefits to knowing every aspect of essay writing for college or university, which will help you to power your way through your degree and project yourself
successfully into your future career. You will also be able to take
these skills into writing CVs, job applications and many aspects of your
career beyond university.
But mastering essay writing at
university can be tricky and complicated. That's why we've brought you this
course to teach you how to approach your written university assignments and
how to communicate your ideas in an academic way. From thesis statements
to topic sentences, all is explained inside.
Content and Overview
This essay writing 101 course contains more than 10 lectures with over 2 hours of content. It's designed for those studying at university level or preparing to do so, or for students of age 15 and over looking to improve their grades for written work and projects.
In this course, you will learn every aspect of academic writing and how to create an excellent essay.
You'll also learn how to write the perfect plan, thesis statements, topic sentences and other elements to tackle any essay question for college or university that comes your way.
By the end of the Essay Writing 101 course, you'll have the essential skills that will help you quickly analyse and answer complex questions, regardless of what level you are when you start college or university. You'll know how to produce the right type of essay to boost your grades.
You'll also receive bonus free downloads and quizzes to check your progress and reinforce concepts you've learned along the way. With these lessons, you'll find that you're able to analyse, plan and produce an outstanding academic essay for college or university in a short period of time.
Essay writing has never been so easy!
- This course is for those who want to learn how to improve their writing
- People looking to prepare for university study will benefit greatly from this course.
- This course will help 15-18 year olds wanting to improve on their essay/assignment scores
- This course will also help mature students looking to come back to academic study after a break from education.
- This course is NOT for you if: your writing involves mostly formulas and symbols
- Equally, it is NOT for those looking for someone to write an essay for them
Discover why you can't afford to miss out on this course and all the essential elements of academic writing you'll cover in detail.
We are two brothers with a combined total of 12 years' teaching experience
We currently teach in a UK university helping students prepare for university study and write better essays
We will show you the secrets to writing better essays and provide you with a step-by-step guide to writing your way to success
By joining this course you will also become part of a community of like-minded people who can help you along the way
There will also be opportunities for getting feedback from other people on the course (your peers)
So what are you waiting for? Dive in and begin writing your way to success!
A run-through of all the key parts to successful preparation and planning for academic writing at university level.
If some questions seem impossible to answer, then this lecture is for you. Watch our methodical approach to answering ANY academic writing question and how make sure you are on track for that A-grade.
Why brainstorming is a technique you simply cannot go without if you want to achieve those higher grades and take your academic writing to the next level.
The key to successful writing is a successful plan. Let us show you how to get your ideas on paper (or screen) in the best way for you
Download our free academic essay plan - remember, this can be amended to your needs but the all the essential tools are there for you to get straight to work.
So you've analysed your question and written your plan - what next? Watch this video to learn how to add the depth needed to get those A-grades!
The main body paragraphs form a large part of your essay and should build upon your essay thesis, in order to accurately answer the essay question. It is essential that you pay close attention to the content of each paragraph.
This video will take you through the steps needed to write solid main body paragraphs that are logically structured and easy to read.
The conclusion allows you too revisit the main ideas of the essay and to bring the essay to a close.
This section covers the two main elements of an essay conclusion:
- a summary of main points,
- the concluding statement.
After watching this lecture you should be well prepared to start writing your first draft.
In-text citations sound scary but really they are a very simple way of showing what you've read. Learn all about them in this 3-part lecture
Many students do not realise that to write an academic essay, they need to avoid what are called contractions. These are easy to avoid if you are aware of them! Remember - if in doubt, write it out!
Academic register and style are essential elements to writing a college paper - things such as contractions and academic synonyms are easy to understand with this brief video guide
How many quotations to use in an essay? This is a very common question and it has an easy answer. Generally, you want to avoid over-use of quotations and go for paraphrases instead. The exact amount I'd recommend? See the video!