Complete guide to university essay writing for ESL students
What you'll learn
- Understand the basics of academic writing tailored specifically for English as a Second Language students who are unfamiliar with Western style academic writing
- Learn about plagiarism, citations, essay structure
- Master the theory behind essays, most commonly assigned in college
- Watch me write essays in follow-along writing videos for maximum understanding
- Produce 3 original essays by the end of this course
- Download super helpful writing templates that you can use forever
- Achieve academic essay success!
- Narrative essay
- Expository essay
- Argumentative essay
- Recommended for English as a Second Language students with an intermediate command of English
- Desire to study in an English-taught university or high school
- Readiness to upgrade your writing level ;)
This course is the most complete beginner's guide to what is expected from a college (university) student. As a former international student studying in an American university, I compiled the answers to all the struggles in academic writing that ESL learners might have.
Even though I started in academic writing as a beginner, I am now one of the top writing experts with 6+ years of experience. I compiled my knowledge into bite-sized lessons to make them easily understandable for beginners.
I designed this course for those who do not speak English as their first language and are planning on studying at a Western university. This course will help you navigate university writing and get a head start compared to other students. After taking this course, you will know all the essentials:
Understand the basics of academic writing tailored specifically for English as a Second Language students who are unfamiliar with Western style academic writing in English.
Master the theory about 3 main academic essay types, including narrative, argumentative and expository.
Organize your writing clearly and logically according to the Western essay structure standards.
Memorize the golden essay structure.
Identify and recreate thesis statements, topic sentences, and other structural elements of an academic essay.
Learn about plagiarism and how to avoid it.
Watch me create and organize citations online and insert them into text properly for each citation style.
Learn about useful websites and sources that can help you in academic essay writing (creating citations, checking for plagiarism, etc.)
Differentiate between reliable and unreliable academic sources.
Gain other helpful tips and tricks for a beginner writer in English that will ease your stress and your university journey.
Download three editable MS Word templates in APA, Chicago and MLA with guidelines inside that you can use every time you write a written assignment.
This is especially helpful, because they are formatted correctly, and contain placeholders for each of the essential essay components, such as the thesis statement, topic sentences, and conclusions.
Watch detailed follow-along videos of how to write three main types of essays, while I am brainstorming, editing, and explaining my writing - so that you can follow the entire process of how the writing usually goes.
Produce 3 original essays of each type on your own.
Achieve writing success at university!
Who this course is for:
- English as Second Language (ESL) students starting high school or college
- High school students or college freshmen who struggle with essay writing or need to prepare for it
- Those who are generally interested in the basics of college-level Western-style academic essay writing.
I have experience working at KPMG, Palladium, and other large international consulting firms.
For the past 6 years, I have been working as a freelance writer and consultant and have written about 500 pages of essays, research papers, master’s dissertations, consulting reports, etc.
I have the knowledge, experience, and skills to teach you the basics of academic writing and prepare you for mastering essays in your college career (despite English being your second language).