AC Electric Circuit Analysis for Electrical Engineering
What you'll learn
- Electrical engineering fundamentals
- Electronics fundamentals
- Concepts for AC electric circuit analysis such as admittance and reactance
- Complete analysis of AC electric circuits
- Electric circuit analysis techniques used in different electrical engineering and electronics engineering fields, such as analog electronics, digital electronics, and power electronics
- Power in AC circuits
- What root-mean-square (RMS) is and its importance in AC circuits
- What power factor is in AC circuits
- What complex power is in AC circuits
- Basic knowledge of algebra
This course is designed to provide a complete overview of AC electric circuit analysis used in electrical engineering and electronics engineering.
In this course you will learn everything about AC electric circuits and electronics, from the basics such as what sinusoids are, all the way to key characteristics of AC circuits such as impedance, admittance, power factor, and complex power. The course is divided into the following sections:
1. AC Steady-State Electric Circuit Analysis: we will begin in section 2 of the course by defining sinusoids and their components, since these are key concepts to understand for further analysis of AC circuits. We will then discuss the voltage-current relationship in resistors, capacitors, and inductors. We will finish the section by defining two important characteristics of AC circuits: impedance and admittance.
2. Power in AC Circuits: having defined the fundamentals of AC circuits, we will then move into power calculations in AC circuits, since this is the starting point for further studies in AC circuits. We will define instantaneous power, root-mean-square (RMS) quantities, power factor, and complex power. Several examples will be solved to illustrate how to analyze AC circuits.
In each section, several examples are solved to illustrate how to analyze practical circuits.
By learning all the fundamentals about AC electric circuit analysis, you will be able to continue studying other topics in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, and computer engineering, such as analog electronics, circuit design, electric machines, power systems, and more.
Remember that Udemy offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. I am also always available for questions while you go through the course to ensure everything is clear.
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anybody with an interest in learning about electrical, electronics, or computer engineering. This is an introductory course, no prior engineering experience is required
My name is Ricardo Romero and I am an Electrical Engineer with over eight years of experience in Power Systems. I obtained my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I am also a licensed Professional Engineer in Power Systems in the states of Arizona, Louisiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia in the United States.
Although my professional experience is mainly in Power Systems, I am also passionate about other topics in Electrical Engineering including Analog Electronics, Control Systems, Digital Design, Digital Signal Processing, Electric Machinery, and Power Electronics. I gained knowledge in these areas of Electrical Engineering during my undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as during my professional career, and am excited to teach about them in Udemy.
My goal is to create high quality courses that cover both the theory behind a topic as well as real-world applications. Should you have any questions regarding any of my courses, please feel free to contact me.