Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
- Knowing how to apply transformations to a function to graph is helpful
- You have to know how to solve linear equations
- You need to know how to solve and graph inequalities
- You need to know how to graph on a coordinate grid
This course is designed for the student that wants to learn everything they will need to know about Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities. Absolute value functions is embedded in Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, ACT and SAT.
It is going to come up and my course is designed to give you the confidence to tackle every problem you will encounter in the high school and undergraduate college setting.
Each section is broken down just like this
- Videos explaining essential definitions and processes
- Videos with multiple examples basic to hard
- Practice worksheets to refine your skills, answers included
- Quizzes to take as many times as you need to earn 100%
In summary I work out over 70 examples and provide over 100 problems for you to try. I selected problems that you will encounter in your class, on tests and in upcoming courses.
Learning math all alone is hard. I struggled and created this course to help you out. It doesn't matter if you have struggled with math before. This course takes you by the hand and guides you through the learning.
Give it a shot, what do you have to loose?
- Those who want to learn
- Anyone taking a class involving Absolute Value Functions
- What is the absolute value symbol mean?
- What does the absolute value graph look like?
- How to solve absolute value equations
- Examples of solving one-step absolute value equations
- Quiz - Solve One-Step ABS Equations
- Examples of solving two-step absolute value equations
- Quiz - Solve Two-Step Equations
- Examples of solving absolute value equations with extraneous solutions
- Quiz - Solve with Extraneous Solutions
- Examples of solving and graphing absolute value AND inequalities
- Examples of solving and graphing absolute value OR inequalities
- Quiz - Solve and Graph Absolute Value Inequalities
- How to graph absolute value equations
- Examples of graphing absolute value equations with horizontal and vertical
- Examples of graphing absolute value equations with stretch and compression
- Quiz - Graph Absolute Value Equations
- Examples of graphing absolute value equation with multiple examples
- How to graph absolute value inequalities
- Examples for graphing absolute value inequalitites
- Examples for graphing absolute value inequalities with transformations
- Quiz - Graph Absolute Value Inequalities
I am a high school that is on a mission to improve math education. I was that student that sat in the back of class frustrated with the boredom of class and the lack of understanding. I made the decision to become a math teacher to make a difference in others lives. I knew that with the struggles I had I could relate well to students that struggled with math. With a weak math background I set out to get a degree in mathematics. In was a difficult journey and I worked very hard not just to pass my math classes but to have an understanding of what I was doing. I learned a lot about myself, mathematics and what it takes to be successful in class through my time at college. I want to pass along my experience to you the student so that may have your own success with mathematics.