Absolute Java Basics for Android
- You should be able to use a PC or a MAC
- No earlier programming experience required
This course is designed to help someone new to Java grasp the basic concepts quickly. Although the course teaches the absolute basics of Java in order to pick up Android programming, this course will be equally helpful for anyone who just wants to learn Java Basics
Who is this course for?
- First-time programmers
- Programmers in other languages who want to learn Java
- Those who want to eventually learn Android and create mobile apps
- Anyone who just wants to know what Java is all about
Who is this course NOT for?
- Programmers who already know Java
I hope the course helps you in learning Java faster and I welcome all feedback. I will be right there with you answering questions and helping you along the way. If you feel that any lecture needs corrections or further elaboration, please send your feedback. I will be happy to record the lecture again and upload it.
Let's learn Java!
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the basics of Java in order to pickup Android programming
- Hello World08:29
- While Loop05:35
- Do-while Loop03:21
- For Loop09:11
- Break and Continue04:51
- Switch Statement07:07
- Nested Loops06:01
- Scope of Variables04:16
- More Classes and Objects05:03
- Packages and Access Modifiers10:19
- Arrays of Objects05:48
- Static Methods07:25
- Abstract Classes10:56
- More Abstract Classes07:04
- Final Classes04:19
- Inner Classes09:31
- Anonymous Inner Classes06:33
- Checked Exceptions11:30
- "Finally" Block06:33
- Usage of Throws06:26
- Extending Exception Class08:32
- Unchecked Exceptions06:44
- Using Runnable Interface07:01
- Using Thread Class05:15
- Sleeping Threads06:58
Hello, My name is Arav Vijayaraghavan. I have been working on different software engineering roles for the past 15 years.
I am passionate about teaching others how to code and how to use different tools/technologies. I genuinely feel happy when I help anyone learn new things. Through the courses in Udemy, that's exactly what I am hoping to do.
Sign up to my courses and let's learn something new!