Absolute Beginners Introduction to web development
What you'll learn
- Install and use text editors
- Install multiple web browsers to test applications
- Plan and design a web project
- Create a project directory
- Understand basic anatomy of an HTML Element
- Understand basic structure of an HTML document
- Create basic HTML document structure
- Understand and use HTML Attributes
- Markup Texts
- Create links on web pages
- Use comments in your code
- Write and understand CSS Ruleset
- Apply CSS in various ways
- Use CSS Base Selectors
- Understand CSS Box Model
- Change the background color of HTML document
- Understand and use CSS Margin and Padding properties
- Understand and use CSS Fonts and display properties
- Build a digital calculator
- Build an analogue clock
- Build a todo list web app
- You should be able to use a computer at beginner level
- You should be able to navigate the internet at beginner level.
Hello and welcome to this course.
If you are a complete beginner, web development can be challenging —this course will guide you and provide enough detail for you to feel comfortable and learn the topics properly. You should feel at home whether you are a student learning
web development (on your own or as part of a class), a teacher looking for class materials, a hobbyist,
or someone who just wants to understand more about how web technologies work.
The objective of this course is not to take you from "beginner" to "expert" but to take you from "beginner" to "comfortable so you can feel confident to experiment further.
The three technologies every web developer must know are :
- HTML : Used to create content
- CSS: Used to present the content
These core technologies are the building blocks of all websites and web based projects.
- Introduction to basic HTML
- HTML document structure
- Anatomy of HTML element
- Marking up text
- Using comments and HTML Attributes
- Introduction to basic CSS
- Ways to apply CSS
- CSS Ruleset
- CSS basic selectors
- Styling multiple elements
- CSS Box model
- Using margin and padding properties
- Changing background color
- CSS Display property
- CSS Font property
- Using google fonts
- Data Types
- Operator precedence
- Using Conditionals
- Using Linting tools
- Adding image changer
- Adding personalized message
The course is practical and hands-on and should provide you with enough basic web development skills to be creative building your own projects.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to web development
- Anyone who wants to learn web development
Bluelime is UK based and creates quality easy to understand eLearning solutions .All our courses are 100% video based. We teach hands –on- examples that teach real life skills .
Bluelime has engaged in various types of projects for fortune 500 companies and understands what is required to prepare students with the relevant skills they need.