Music Production in Ableton Live 9 - The Beginners Guide!
- Basic Music Skills
- A Working PC, Laptop, iMac or MacBook
- Ableton Live 9 software or above (preferably Ableton Suite)
- Basic Music Production Skills is desirable, but not necessary
Ableton Live 9 is a software music sequencer and digital audio workstation for OS X and Windows.
Ableton Live is used across professional studios, bedroom studios and also as a performance tool for live performance. Learning how to use your DAW correctly will dramatically improve the quality of your music and the speed you create it.
NOTE: This course is for Ableton Live Suite 9 and above. Some of the features I discuss in this course will only be available for Ableton Live Suite 9 and above
In this course you will gain a basic understanding of Ableton Live 9. You'll learn the beauty and the power of this software that's used by professional producers today.
This course will cover such topics as Ableton Live Preferences, Recording Audio and MIDI, Audio Effects and MIDI.
What you'll learn in this course will help you understand the basics of music production in Ableton Live 9.
Learn to love Ableton Live 9 and make music with it.
This course was last updated on 12/14/2016
Who this course is for:
- Those who are new to Ableton Live or Music Production
- Those with basic music production skills who wish to improve
- Those interested in creating their own music in Ableton Live 9 or being better at music production
- DJs who want to start producing their own music
- Band members who want to learn how to write their own music
- 05:19Getting Started
- 02:00Mac or PC
- 11:19Ableton Navigation
- 10:14Recording Audio and MIDI
- 03:37Audio Effects
- 05:36MIDI Effects
- 09:38Recording to the Arrangement and Song Example
- 00:33BONUS : Where to go from here
Hi, Tomas here. I'm a UK Music Producer, Composer and Audio Engineer.
I've been producing and writing music now for over ten years and I've got a MMus Masters Degree in Music Production and a BA (Hons) Degree in Music Composition.
I really enjoy creating and editing all types of music, but I especially love teaching it online.
Founded by Tomas George and Christopher Carvalho Early 2018
DMM is an online community and academy aimed at teaching budding artists the world over how to get the best out of what they have at home.
Based in Leeds, UK. Digital Music Masters specialises in creating practical music production content and resources for producers, singers, songwriter, and audio engineers.