Ableton Certified Training: Ableton Live 11 (Part 1, 2, & 3)
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, students will be able to produce music with Ableton Live and be on their way to being a professional musician.
- Work in the Session View and Arrangement View of Ableton Live
- Record Audio, Midi, and Understand Live's Signal Flow
- Navigate 100% of Ableton Live
- Produce music using Ableton Live
- Students will understand the two views in Live.
- The fundamentals to recording in Live
- All possible ways of editing in Live
- The 10 fundamentals to audio recording
- The 6 fundamentals to MIDI recording
- The essential tools for Warping
- Editing and Producing in Arrangement view
- Session View editing and Producing
- Making Beats
- The 7 (and more!) methods to making beats in Ableton Live
- Producing with synths in Ableton Live
- The 12 Ableton Live Instruments
- The Wavetable Synth (similar to Serum)
- The Ableton Live Samplers
- The 3 uses of Racks
- The 8 MIDI Effects
- The 10 Time-based audio effects
- The 17 frequency-based audio effects
- The 7 Dynamic-based audio effects
- Working with Controllers and DJ Tools
- Performing with Ableton Live
- Mixing in Ableton Live 11
- Mastering in Ableton Live 11
- Students should be ready to produce music, but do not need to be experienced musicians. No prior experience is needed in music theory or production.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
This course is "5-Star Certified" by the International Association of Online Music Educators and Institutions (IAOMEI). This course has been independently reviewed by a panel of experts and has received a stellar 5-star rating.
** Udemy Top Seller ** This is the new version of my Ableton Live 10 class that is a top-selling Udemy course with thousands of 4+ reviews, and tens of thousands of students!
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
Are you a music maker, aspiring producer, or professional producer looking to up your game? This is the place to start.
Ableton Live can be a little intimidating. It's a powerful program, and it has some oddities that you have to get used to. But don't worry - that's what I'm here for.
Hi - my name is Jason, and I am one of only a handful of Ableton Certified Trainers. That means I've proven myself both as a user and as an educator to the Ableton corporation, and they have given me their stamp of approval. I am the only Ableton Certified Trainer who also has a Ph.D. in music, and is a university professor as well.
Years ago I made my first Ableton class - a six-part class focused on Ableton Live 9. I learned from that and improved it in my top-rated Ableton Live 10 class, and now I've made it even better with my brand new Ableton Live 11 class.
Welcome to ULTIMATE ABLETON LIVE 11 Masterclass Edition: PARTS 1, 2, and 3 Combined.
This class contains the full versions of my three top Ableton Live 11 classes:
Ultimate Ableton Live 11, Part 1: The Interface & The Basics
Ultimate Ableton Live 11, Part 2: Recording & Warping
Ultimate Ableton Live 11, Part 3: Producing & Editing
What is this Ableton Live 11 Course all about?
In this class, we are going to learn Ableton Live 11, and every aspect of the program. We will focus on how to do everything possible in Ableton Live, and you will finish this course as an expert in Ableton Live 11. Whether you have experience in music production already or not, this is the ultimate class to learn how to use the Ableton Live 11 software for any genre of music.
If you are using an earlier version of Ableton Live, (Live 10, or Live 9) you should be able to follow along with most of the class.
I'll also be giving you some extras:
5 Downloadable Sessions - my own projects that you can use as starting points, and are free to do whatever you want with!
Almost 9 hours of downloadable videos that you will have lifetime access to.
My top production workflow techniques
A "Buyers Guide" for recording equipment, microphones, keyboards, speakers, and more.
And most importantly: Direct access to me. All questions posted in this class are answered, by me, within 24 hours.
This is a huge class! Here is a list of some of the topics we will cover:
Navigating the 2 Views of Ableton Live
What's New in Live 11
Getting Live: free ableton live versions, discounts, and more
Nearly 9 hours of ableton live tutorials.
Info View, Help View, and "Learning how to Learn" Ableton Live
Using the Clip Slot Grid
Live's Signal Flow
Recording to the Arrangement
Editing Audio and MIDI
The Groove Pool
Full Track Deconstructions
Audio Recording Fundamentals
Microphone Selection and Microphone Placement
MIDI Controller Shopping
Overdubbing, or "Punching in"
Recording Multiple Takes and "Comping"
Working with Effects
Warping for Editing
Warping Whole Tracks for Remixing
Arrangement View Editing
Session View Editing
Setting Up Loops
Recording from Session to Arrangement View
Breaking Up Loops
Recording and Writing Drum Racks
Using Take Lanes
Working with Synths
Working with Effects
Routing and Bussing
And Much, Much, More!
My Promise to You:
I am a full-time Music Producer and Educator. If you have any questions please post them in the class or send me a direct message. I will respond within 24 hours. And if you find this class isn't for you, I am more than happy for you to take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
I've already told you that I am one of only a few Ableton Certified Trainers. I also have a PhD in music, I am a university music professor, and have a long list of awards for teaching.
But more importantly: I use Ableton Live 11 every day. I produce music professionally, and I stay on top of all the latest producing techniques, workflows, and styles. As you will see in this class, I just love this stuff. And I love teaching it.
You will not have another opportunity to learn about Ableton Live in a more comprehensive way than this.
The course is a roadmap to learn how to use Ableton live 10, how to use Ableton live 11, how to master music production, and more.
Let's get started!
See you in lesson 1.
Jason (but call me Jay...)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in any country who is ready to start their music production by learning everything they need to know about how the make music with Ableton Live 11.
- Beginners: If you don't know much about music production, this is the best class to start with.
- Intermediate: If you've dabbled with Ableton Live, but are missing the foundational knowledge of the program, start here.
- Advanced: People using Ableton Live on a daily basis will benefit from the workflow tips, vocabulary, and techniques in this course.
** J. is the #1 best selling music teacher on Udemy. He is the author of the #1 best selling music theory course on Udemy, "Music Theory Comprehensive" (12 parts), and Music Theory for Electronic Musicians (3 parts), which have been purchased by more than 70,000 students in 11 languages in 196 countries.**
** He is a PhD in music, and a best selling music producer. He brings this authenticity to all of his Udemy courses. **
Jason Allen (better known as J. Anthony Allen) has worn the hats of composer, producer, songwriter, engineer, sound designer, DJ, remix artist, multi-media artist, performer, inventor, and entrepreneur. Allen is a versatile creator whose diverse project experience ranges from works written for the Minnesota Orchestra to pieces developed for film, TV, and radio. An innovator in the field of electronic performance, Allen performs on a set of “glove” controllers, which he has designed, built, and programmed by himself. When he’s not working as a solo artist, Allen is a serial collaborator. His primary collaborative vehicle is the group Ballet Mech, for which Allen is one of three producers.
J. Anthony Allen teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, where he runs the Music, Media, and Management program. He is also an Ableton Live Certified Trainer, co-founder, owner and CEO of Slam Academy, a multimedia educational space in downtown Minneapolis, the CTO of Ion Concert Media, and sole owner and producer of music education courses under the umbrella of Punkademic Courses. Recently, Allen founded Hackademica – an innovative net-label for new music.
J. has a PhD in music composition, 2 Master’s degrees in music composition and electronic music, and a bachelor's degree in guitar performance. Through his academic travels, Dr. Allen has received numerous awards along the way.
If you run into him on the street, he prefers to be addressed as J. (as in, Jay.)