ABCs of Calculus
- 12.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of my course, students will know strategies for computing limits, how to compute a derivative using the standard definition of a derivative, and the differentiation rules (product, quotient, power, chain). This course will also go in depth on applications of derivatives such as particle motion and optimization. The second half of the course will cover integration with a focus on u-substitution. We will end with a detailed explanation of how to use integration to compute area and volumes by cross-sections and rotation.
- Students will be expected to know prerequisite concepts from Algebra II and Pre-calculus with a focus on Trigonometry.
ABCs of Calculus is an 18-hour self-paced course complete with over 80 lectures taught by Allen Parr. In this course, Allen, a former Secondary Teacher of the Year, will walk you through step-by-step the major concepts in Calculus 1. In his career he has earned a 97% passing rate on the Calculus AP exam and travels nationally teaching students strategies for success in calculus.
After downloading your 80-page workbook, students will have the opportunity to learn from a master instructor via 80 engaging lectures. This course covers limits, derivatives, first and second derivative tests, particle motion, optimization, integration, area, volume and most other concepts taught in Calculus 1. Students will have plenty of opportunities to practice these concepts. After each major lesson there is a quiz over the concepts. But don't worry, we've got you covered! After you take the quiz you will have the option of checking your work by viewing a video showing you step-by-step solutions giving you instant feedback. At the end of the course students will have the opportunity to test their knowledge on the "final exam" which is a timed test covering Non-Calculator Multiple Choice, Calculator Multiple Choice, Calculator Free Response and Non-Calculator Free Response. This course will adequately prepare you for either AB, BC or college level Calculus I. I hope to see you on the inside! You will not be disappointed.
- This course is designed for high school students or college students looking to get a solid grasp on calculus 1.
After this video you will be able to evaluate limits from the right and left and from both sides from a graph.
In this lecture you will learn how to determine whether a limit exists or not.
In this lecture you will learn the 3 most common techniques for evaluating limits algebraically.