A Prepared Mind: Building Eight Essential Skills
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to identify the four responsibilities of any leader
- Practice in using eight skills that are essential to being ready for your future.
- Barriers to using the eight skills
- No prerequisites, but an open mind is essential.
- Willingness to take the time to think about each of the skills
This mini-course is a summary of The Prepared Mind of a Leader: Eight Skills Leaders Use to Innovate, Make Decisions and Solve Problems, a book I co-authored in 2006 and used as the basis of a multi-day workshop I've presented globally to thousands of participants. These skills are observing, imagining, reasoning, reflecting, challenging, deciding, learning, and enabling others. The skills may seem obvious, but I know from many years of discussions that not all are regularly used in many organizations.
- Middle managers
- Emerging leaders
- Professionals who are experiencing change in their industry or career
- MBA students getting ready to take on future responsibilities
This lecture introduces Bill Welter and why he wrote the book The Prepared Mind of a Leader. It will also introduce eight skills that leaders at all levels need if they are to be prepared for the future.