Foundation Course on Railway Steel Bridges (Beginners)
What you'll learn
- Gaining field level understanding on Steel Bridges used in the Railway industry
- Understanding Bridge concepts with maximum possible site photographs and videos.
- Insights into Plate Girders, Composite Girders, Open Web Through type girders, Rail-cum-road bridges & Ballasted Deck Open Web Girders.
- Understanding Bearings and load transfer in these Bridges
- Understanding Track Structure over Bridges
- Understanding each bridge type with the help of at least one real site example.
- Basic understanding of stress/ strains.
An intensive short duration course ideal for engineers and professionals involved in Railway Steel Bridge construction, inspection or maintenance. The course aims at providing practical field understanding of Railway Steel Bridges which otherwise is not available in Text Books. The course is suitable for designers, contractors, supervisors, officers, interns, executives involved in Bridge construction, inspection or maintenance. The course covers Plate Girders, Composite Girders, Open Web Through type girders, Rail-cum-road bridges and Ballasted Deck Open Web Girders. This course provides the pre-requisite learning for those wishing to undertake the expert course.
Brief on Railway Steel Girders:
The bridges which are designed to carry train loads are called Railway Bridges. Generally passenger trains define the speed potential of a Railway Bridge and axel load of Goods Trains define the carrying capacity of a Railway Bridge. For smaller spans (say up to 30m) Plate Girder type and Composite Girder type steel girders are preferred. However for longer spans Open Web Girders (Through type or Under Slung type) are preferred. If required, sometimes Rail cum Road Bridges are also constructed. This course will provide insights into each type of these bridges.
Course Objectives and Outcomes:
· To provide field knowledge around Railway Steel Bridges which otherwise is not available in Text Books.
· The course covers relevant topics of Railway Steel Girders and gives you an insight on these topics in detail.
· This course addresses various types of Railway Steel Bridges- Plate Girders, Composite Girders, Open Web Through type girders, Rail-cum-road bridges and Ballasted Deck Open Web Girders.
· Each type of bridge has been covered with topics like- Understanding components and General Arrangement Drawing (GAD), Cross Sections, Bearings, Load Transfer, track structure over bridges etc. with the help of actual site photographs.
· It prepares attendees for the expert course.
· Practicing Engineers, Consultants, Undergraduate and Post Graduate students, Researchers, Industry Specialist, Lab Instructors, and practicing Bridge Professionals will find this course very useful.
Who this course is for:
- Graduate & Post Graduate students, Teachers, Designers, Contractors, Supervisors, Officers, Interns, Executives, Fabricators, Lab Instructors involved in Bridge construction, inspection or maintenance.
We aim at providing practical insights into Railway and Road Bridges which otherwise are not available in Text Books. Improving knowledge about Bridge will help you discover better career opportunities. Also if you are already working on some Bridge related project/ career, we aim to impart field insights to you which are otherwise not available anywhere else.