A Level Organic Chemistry: Halogenoalkanes and halogenoarene
What you'll learn
- organic chemistry
- nucleophilic substitution
- Sn1 and Sn2 mechanism
- introduction to organic chemistry
- naming of basic organic compounds
- isomerism (both constitutional isomerism and stereoisomerism)
This course is targeted for parents or educators who want to teach students A Level Organic Chemistry. In this course, we cover the topic of halogenoalkanes and halogenoarenes.
This course is written based on the Singapore A Level Chemistry syllabus (9729).
In this course, we will cover:
- Learn the physical properties of halogenoalkanes
- how to prepare halogenoalkanes from other organic compounds
-reactions of halogenoalkanes (which include nucleophilic substitution, elimination, etc.)
- learn the difference between the SN1 and SN2 mechanism
- apply Saytzeff's rule to determine the major product from elimination reaction
- what is step- up reaction and what is it used for
- Chemical properties of halogenoarenes
- effect of halogen substituent on electrophilic substitution of benzene
Distinguishing test for halogen derivatives
- how to distinguish between different types of halogen derivatives (e.g. arenes vs alkane; chlorobenzene, vs iodobenzene, etc.)
This is the introduction course I conduct for my students face-to-face. In the introduction course, I cover the concepts tested in the A Level Chemistry Exam, and also go through sample questions to teach students how to apply.
The complete introduction course usually takes multiple 2- hour lessons. But now with this, you can help students build up your organic halogen derivative foundation (in particular on halogenoalkanes, halogenoarenes) anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times like.
What are you waiting for?
Who this course is for:
- Educators with Students interested in organic chemistry, in particular halogenoalkanes and halogenoarenes
- Parents with kids taking a level chemistry
Hi! I am Emily Wong, founder of Emily Learning.
I love Math, Chemistry and Physics, and I have been teaching Math, Chemistry and Physics and O and A levels for more than a decade and counting. Revise, or learn a topic from Math, Chemistry and Physics from my courses.
I'll see you inside the course.