A Level H2 Chemistry - Introduction to Organic Chemistry
What you'll learn
- Introduction to organic chemistry as tested in H2 A Level Chemistry
- Different ways of representing structures
- Functional groups
- nomenclature (naming of organic compounds)
- types of organic reaction
- homolytic and heterolytic fission
- Constitutional isomers such as functional group isomers, structural isomers, positional isomers
- optical isomers, chiral carbons, enantiomers
- geometric isomers, cis- trans isomers
- basic chemistry
- O level chemistry
This course is on organic chemistry and isomerism, written for Singapore students taking A-Level H2 Chemistry (syllabus 9729). I know some students did not cover the O level organic chemistry due to the reduced syllabus in 2020 and have written this course for students with organic chemistry background.
In this introduction to organic chemistry course written for A-Level Chemistry students, we will cover 2 topics: Introduction and Isomerism.
In the introduction to organic chemistry, students will learn the following:
•Why are there so many organic compounds
•Different ways of representing the structure
•Functional groups and homologous series
•Bonding and hybridization
•IUPAC nomenclature for organic compounds
•Terms associated with organic chemistry
•Organic chemistry reaction
In the topic of isomerism, students will learn the following:
•Constitutional isomers or structural isomers (i.e. chain isomers, positional isomers, functional group isomers)
•Stereoisomers i.e. cis-trans isomers (also known as geometric isomers) and enantiomers (also known as optical isomers)
In this course, we will cover the concepts in detail, and also go through many examples, so that you will be able to apply the concepts at the end of the course.
This is the course that I conduct in my face-to-face tuition lessons. The complete course usually takes 2 hours or more. But now, you can build up your foundation on organic chemistry and isomerism anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times you like.
What are you waiting for?
Who this course is for:
- students taking A Level Chemistry
- H2 A Level Chemistry students
- Singapore A Level Chemistry syllabus 9729
Hi! I am Emily Wong, founder of Emily Learning.
I love Math, Chemistry and Physics, and I have been teaching Math, Chemistry and Physics and O and A levels for more than a decade and counting. Revise, or learn a topic from Math, Chemistry and Physics from my courses.
I'll see you inside the course.