A Level Chemistry: Electrochemistry
What you'll learn
- Galvanic cells/ Electrochemical cells
- Electrolytic cell (electrolysis)
- Calculations (F = Le, Q = It)
- Standard electrode potential
- Standard cell potential
- Determine whether reaction is feasible using standard electrode potential (Ecell)
- O Level Chemistry
- Redox - you will need knowledge of redox for electrochemistry, so make sure you know reduction, oxidation and how to write half equations
- Mole calculations
- Basic math
In H2 A Level Chemistry electrochemistry chapter, students look at both electrochemistry and electrochemical cells. In this course, I break down the chapter into two main sections - electrochemical cell and electrochemistry. In each lecture, we'll go through one or two key concepts in detail. We will also go through examples and questions together, so that by the end of the course, you would have mastered what's tested in A Level Chemical Electrochemistry.
In the section on electrochemical cell, this is what we will be covering:
• Electrochemical Cell
• Typical setup
• Standard hydrogen electrode
• Measuring standard electrode potential
• Cell- notation or cell diagrams
• Find standard cell potential
• Predict feasibility of reaction
• Determine how electrode potential varies with concentration
• Limitations of standard cell potential
• Relationship between standard cell potential and standard Gibbs Free Energy change.
In the section on electrolysis, this is what we will be covering:
• Predict reaction at cathodes and anodes
• Anodising of aluminium
• Calculation questions involving electrolysis
This is the course that I conduct in my face-to-face tuition lessons. The complete course usually takes multiple 2- hour lessons. But now, you can build up your electrochemistry foundation anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times you like.
What are you waiting for?
Who this course is for:
- A Level Chemistry students
- Singapore students taking A level chemistry at H2 level
Hi! I am Emily Wong, founder of Emily Learning.
I love Math, Chemistry and Physics, and I have been teaching Math, Chemistry and Physics and O and A levels for more than a decade and counting. Revise, or learn a topic from Math, Chemistry and Physics from my courses.
I'll see you inside the course.