A-Level Biology - An introduction to key concepts.
- None - however some level 2 (GCSE) biology will help.
Why Watch this course?
Perhaps you're just about to finish your GCSE's / high school equivalent biology exams and wonder, if A-level biology is the right course for you?
or is A-Level biology a course you can be successful at if you're home-schooled?
Maybe you are studying A-Level Biology (UK spec) at an international school and require some extra support and wondered if this style of revision suits you and your learning style.
Or maybe you just want to learn some biology - because biology is "Amazing"!
Whatever your reasons, if you have any interest in Biology, then This 10 lesson "Taster" Course is for you!
Please Remember that this course is only a "Taster" an introduction to some key concepts covered in A-Level Biology Courses.
The course is composed of 10 Short Revision Notes Style Lessons, highlighting key concepts and ideas from any typical A-Level biology Course (e.g. Level 3, College Level Biology). You should download the PDFs that accompany each lesson and work through the knowledge check Q and A in the interactive work booklet (PDF).
All these topics are core concepts covered here are a part of UK A-Level biology. However no matter where in the world you are, what exam board your are studying or if you are just learning for the fun of it - this course is a fantastic introduction to the Science of Biology.
Thanks for your enrolment, support, feedback and reviews! Enjoy :)
Please leave your review after completion of the course and don't forget to visit the Learnbiology website if you're interested in learning more!
Take it Easy... Frankie.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning Biology.
- Particularly Useful for A-Level Biology Students (AQA spec.)
- A-Level Biology Students (any exam board - but emphasis in this particular course is AQA)
- Newly Qualified teachers who need some great resources
- Homeschool students / parents
- Anyone is looking to study Biology at college or university and likes quick, to the point revision notes.
- 05:24Making and Breaking Polymers
- 03:28Monosaccharides and Disaccharides
- 09:34Polysaccharides: The Structure and Functions of Starch, Glycogen and Cellulose
- 05:00The Benedict's test for sugars
- 02:44The Iodine Test for starch
- 05:02Properties of triglycerides
- 06:17Lipids - The Structure and Function of Phospholipids
- 03:04The emulsion test for lipids
- 06:19Amino Acids
With over 10 years experience teaching GCSE Biology, A Level biology, BTEC Medical and Forensic Sciences, Ascentis Access to Science courses, City and Guilds Biological Sciences for Pharmacy Technicians, University Foundation Entry Courses, Foundation Degree in Forensic Science and HND in Applied Biology - I'm here to ensure you not only pass your chosen biology course, but also (provided you put in some hard work too) help you achieve the highest grade possible!