A Hygge Home.
What you'll learn
- The principles of Hygge interior design and how to apply them to your own home.
- There are no prior requirements needed from the students.
Hygge is a Danish word describing a mood of contentment, cosiness and comfort and it covers many dimensions of a person's life. In this class, I explain the interconnection between Hygge and the Danish culture and focus on the elements of design that make a home particularly Hygge.
Along the way, you will learn fun facts about Denmark as well as some great examples of Danish Design.
This class is divided into three parts:
1. The 4 principles of Hygge and the activities that describe them
2. The 5 elements of interior design that make a home particularly Hygge
These are Ambience, Natural Materials, Textiles, Vintage ( plus Antique and Handmade) things and The Nook.
3. Class project. A worksheet for you to go through and start making your home more Hygge
According to the European Social Survey, the Danes are the happiest people in Europe. While there are many political, cultural and social reasons why that is, Hygge is also one aspect that contributes to that. Hygge is about creating a feeling not a style, so why not actively design your home for more comfort and cosiness?
For more reading have a look at the book "The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well." by Meik Wiking.
Who this course is for:
- People who wish to understand where to focus their attention to create a more cosy and comfortable home.
I’m a licensed architect with over a decade of experience in Vienna, Austria. I have a double degree in Architecture and” Building Science and Technology” and I am deeply passionate about architecture psychology and optimizing the interior design in order to create great emotional experiences for people. My goal is to design spaces that make people FEEL loved, happier, healthier and more creative.