A Guide to Security Information and Event Management - SIEM
What you'll learn
- In this course you will go through an Introduction to SIEM, its Key Objectives, Defence in Depth, Corporate environment, Log Management
- You will get an introduction to Splunk's user interface and will be conversant with the UI post this session.
- Start using Splunk's basic transforming commands and create reports, dashboards and alerts.
- You will start using Splunk Enterprise Security
- You will learn the different types of viruses: Boot sector, Program, Macro
- You will also learn types other than viruses: Virus Hoaxes, Trojan Horses, Worms, Spam, Adware, Spyware
- You will have clarity on what an Anti-Virus is, types of Anti-Virus products, how does Anti-virus work and examples of Anti-virus software's
- Learn more on Security Devices, Encryption, Reliable passwords, use of anti-virus software and modern advanced network security devices.
- Email: SMTP, Email system, webmail architecture - IMAP4 based, Email based attacks - social engineering, proxy server
- Cyber security incidence response: what is it?, examples, purpose of incident response, cyber security incidents, meantime to resolution etc
- Understand and Manage Vulnerabilities
- You should have completed all 30 sections in our course on "The Absolute Beginners Guide to Cyber Security"
In this course you will go through an Introduction to SIEM, its Key objectives, Defence in depth, Corporate environment, Log management, Why siem is necessary, Use cases, Elements of siem, Big 3 for siem, SIEM process flow, Typical features of siem, Event life cycle, Soc controls and Management, SIEM Architecture, 8 critical features of SIEM and SIEM Deployment options. You will also get an introduction to Splunk's user interface and will be conversant with the UI. You can start using the Splunk's basic transforming commands, can create reports and dashboards, you will know how to save and share reports and also can create alerts.
You will gain real time insights on Security information and event management and Security event manager
You will identify threats and possible breaches and collect audit logs for security and compliance. You will be able to conduct investigations and provide evidence.
You will learn that Defense in Depth (DiD) is an approach to cybersecurity in which a series of defensive mechanisms are layered in order to protect valuable data and information.
You can understand how an attacker can come in and tries to understand how a corporate environment is setup of a target.
You will learn what SIEM and Log Management mean for businesses & how to use them more effectively to mitigate risk for your company.
You will learn that SIEM is necessary because of the rise in data breaches and to meet stringent compliance requirements
Learn the right approach to building SIEM use cases, how to organize and prioritize use cases effectively.
You will learn the SIEM elements, Big 3, Process flow, Features, Event life cycle, SOC controls and mgmt, SIEM architecture, Dashboards and Use cases
You will revisit features of SIEM and learn SIEM deployment options like self-hosted, self-managed to Hybrid-model, Jointly-managed. You will understand the business benefits of SIEM.
SIEM Essentials Quiz
You will understand Splunk's user interface -UI. You will be able to navigate UI features on your own: Navigating splunk web: splunk home, splunk bar, splunk web,getting date into splunk, how to specify data inputs, where splunk stores data, getting tutorial data into splunk, using splunk search, search actions and modes, search results tools, events, what are fields, extracted fields, find and select fields,run more targeted searches, use the search language, learn with search assistant
You can start using the Splunk's basic transforming commands, can create reports and dashboards, you will know how to save and share reports and also can create alerts after completing these sections.
You will go through a live case study on how Fortinet's FortiSIEM works right from the foundation.
You will learn what vulnerabilities are and will master to manage them
Who this course is for:
- SOC Analysts, Cyber Security Enthusiasts, IT Security Specialists and those who are looking for a career in SOC - Security Operations Center
We specialize in Cybersecurity, Data Science and Talent Management/Human capital management training. The USP of all our training's is the hands-on that we provide, our focus is on real-life practical knowledge sharing, and not tool-based PPT slides. All our training's are conducted by highly experienced practitioners who are dyed-in-the-wool penetration testers. The material is cutting edge and updated with even the most recent developments. We have a standard set of courses outlined in different information security domains, data analytics domains and Talent management domain. However, we also customize the training according to the clients’ requirements.