A Guide to Safeguarding
- No pre-course requisites
This course provides a guide to the safeguarding procedures that medical practices and other service providers need to have in place to guard against abuse.
Safeguarding procedures are needed within doctors’ surgeries, schools, nurseries, clubs and associations and any organisation dealing with children and young people, and vulnerable adults.
This is not a course about the clinical detection or escalation of safeguarding concerns
The aim of the course is to help providers design the administrative procedures in place that they need for safeguarding
The focus of the course is the United Kingdom but the principles covered in the course, and the procedures presented, should apply anywhere.
The agenda for the course includes:
1.What is Safeguarding?
2.Who is covered by safeguarding?
3.The Responsibilities of Service Providers
4.Key Decisions for Service Providers
5.Documents relating to safeguarding
6.Registration of new service users
7.Identification of Concerns
8.Proactive Analysis of Issues
10.Audit of Effectiveness
Who this course is for:
- Practice managers in organisations dealing with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- Administrators and managers in organisations dealing with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- Staff working in organisations dealing with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- 02:11Introduction to Safeguarding
- 01:50What is Safeguarding?
- 05:19Key Decisions for Service Providers
- 02:56What does this mean for Service Providers
- 02:11Documents relating to Safeguarding
- 03:00The Registration of New Service Users
- 01:31Identification of Concerns
- 01:34The Proactive Analysis of Issues
- 02:03Collaborative Review
- 01:28Audit of Effectiveness
- 07:37Embedding Safeguarding Procedures
- 02:51Key Learning Points and Resources for Further Information
I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants specialising in process improvement. I have nearly 30 years experience in consultancy, facilitation and training. I have published numerous online courses on process improvement, performance measurement, KPIs, problem solving and more.
I live in Scotland with my wife, daughter and our Cocker Spaniel.