A Lean Startup guide to build a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
What you'll learn
- Learn how to build a winning product in a lean way
- Learn mindset, strategy, process and techniques from the most successful product companies
- 15-minute one-on-one chat with the instructor
- Increase significantly chance to achieve product market fit
- Apply practical techniques to identify the needs of your market
- Apply powerful techniques to develop a competitive product strategy
- Make decisions between building software vs buying a (low-code) platform
- Decide the features in scope of your MVP
- Set-up a product development team for success
- Learn how to accelerate product development
- Understand the concepts of quality of software products
- Learn how to embed sufficient quality in your product
- Apply product analytics techniques to continuously improve the product
- Decide key metrics you should focus on
- Basic business and technology understanding
- Interest and enthusiasm to learn how great products are built
Why enrol in this course?
Are you tired of seeing your hard work and investment go down the drain with a failed product launch? Did you know that up to 90% of digital products fail to meet their target market's needs? Don't let that happen to you!
You don't build a winning product and achieve product-market fit in one day. Building a great product requires mindset, strategy, process and tools and techniques. But all this can be learned. And this is what we promise in this course.
In this course you are going to
Develop a strategic and lean mindset
Learn a proven step by step lean approach to build a successful product
Get tools and techniques you can apply along this process
Increase confidence and significantly increase the chances of success
As a special bonus, you'll have the chance to book a 15-minute one-on-one chat with the instructor. This is your opportunity to ask any burning questions you have and get personalized feedback to help you succeed.
This course does not promise overnight success or quick fixes. Instead, what it offers is a proven formula that provides structure and focus to help you prioritise the right activities that will generate continuous and long-term value for your business.
The content of this course
In this course we are going to cover the whole process to build a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) following the Lean Startup methodology as a foundation.
We’ll cover the different phases of the product development process
1) Discovery, which covers the Why - "why are you building the product";
2) Design, which covers the What - "what are you going to build” and
3) Delivery – which is all about the How - “how do you build the product”.
You’ll learn what are the steps in this process, you’ll learn what are the critical points in this journey that you need to pay special attention to, and you’ll learn how to make the right decisions during this process.
Examples of questions we'll cover in the course are:
How to identify your market niche and their needs? Which techniques to apply to get valuable insights from users?
How to develop a competitive product strategy? How to make your product stand out from the rest?
How to make key product decisions? Whether to build or buy a platform? Should you use low-code to accelerate?
How to develop a product roadmap? How to define features in scope of your first MVP version?
What are the best practices to design the MVP? Do you need a UX designer?
What are the best practices to develop the MVP? Which skills do you need in the team? How can you make the software development more efficient? How to make sure your product has sufficient quality?
How to measure and improve the product? Which metrics to focus on at the stage you are in?
The content of this course builds on years of experience and work with more than hundred of entrepreneurs who have been through this journey of building a product. It builds on best practices and well established theories that most successful unicorns have used.
Marina, your instructor, has a PhD in Computer Science, and is a teacher, strategy advisor and a startup coach with more than a decade of experience in product development, strategy and engineering. Marina has assisted 100+ organisations in their product development journey, from startups building their first product, scale-ups in their fast pace growth stage, as well as large Fortune 100 companies.
Clients and students appreciate Marina for her in-depth knowledge, practical thinking skills, and the ability to explain abstract concepts in a simple manner.
Who this course is for
The course is designed with an entrepreneur in mind, particularly technology startups.
The course, however, is beneficial for anyone who is involved in the product development process in any way, for example product managers who want to build better products or software engineers who want to understand how the most successful product companies build products that customers love, or project managers
No specific technology background is required to follow this course. It is however preferred to have some basic understanding of business and technology.
30-day money back guarantee
We believe the content of the course is great, and we are certain you'll love it. But we are also happy to offer an unconditional 30-day money back in full guarantee. No risk for you.
So enrol in this course and don't miss out on the opportunity to turn your product idea into a profitable reality!
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs who are building a software product.
- Product managers and engineers who want to improve their products.
- Anyone involved in product development who is interested to learn how great products are built.
Enlighten provides coaching and learning for tech startups and scaleups to help them build successful digital products and grow a successful business. Enlighten covers topics around the four key pillars of product development: Strategy, Process, People and Technology.
Clients and students appreciate Enlighten for the in-dept knowledge, practical thinking skills, and the ability to explain abstract concepts in a simple manner. Enlighten is a strong believer in lean thinking and continuous growth and improvement.
By choosing Enlighten, you make sure you will learn from the experts, who have a passion for teaching.
Enlighten's instructor, Marina, has a PhD in Computer Science, and is a teacher, strategy advisor and a startup coach with more than a decade of experience in product development, strategy and engineering. Marina has assisted 100+ organisations in their product development journey, from startups building their first product, scale-ups in their fast pace growth stage, as well as large Fortune 100 companies.