A fun lovers Guide to the Major Chess Openings
What you'll learn
- The ability to use guiding rules and principles to play any opening to a good standard and follow art of war philosphy
- The ability to experience the personality and style of different openings from important instructive examples
- The ability to get familiarised with the basic plans of many different named openings and variations
- The ability to see connections and transpositions between openings more easily
- The ability to experiment more with different openings knowing some of the personality of an opening
- The ability to be aware of some major traps to facilitate experimentation more with openings
- The ability to know some of the basic pros and cons of each opening from both sides
- The ability to use Opening names as a starting point for further investigation and example finding
- The ability to play or not fall into key Opening traps
- The ability to recognise key variation names within Major Openings
- The ability to see an illustrative game on each named Opening or variation that generally tries to weave a positive advert over a negative advert
- The ability to know what an opening is e.g. the "Caro-Kann", the "Scandinavian"
- The ability to play some of the funniest named variations in chess and boost your social media through sharing those games!
- The ability to enjoy your chess much more by finding openings really suitable to you like tailored clothing
- Be familiar with the basic rules of chess and how the chess pieces move
Welcome to a fascinating exploration of the major chess openings, tailored for those eager to delve into the dynamic world of chess strategies. With FIDE CM Kingscrusher as your guide, discover the chess openings that align with your personality, playing style, and improvement objectives.
This course offers an in-depth overview of the most significant named chess openings, accompanied by Kingscrusher's insightful commentary about potential plans, the ebb and flow of each opening, and their varying levels of tactical, positional, and entertainment value.
Our journey through the openings includes but is not limited to:
Classic approaches: Alekhine's Defence, Bird's Opening, Caro-Kann Defence, Dutch Defence, English Opening, French Defence, and King's Gambit.
Sicilian Defence: Dive into the intricacies of its various variations like Najdorf, Dragon, Classical, Scheveningen, Sveshnikov, and more.
Gambits and Unorthodox Strategies: Explore the Budapest Gambit, Danish Gambit, Elephant Gambit, Latvian Gambit, and more.
Defences and Counter-Attacks: Understand the plans behind the Bogo-Indian Defence, Grünfeld Defence, King's Indian Defence, Nimzo Indian Defence, Petrov Defence, Philidor defence, and others.
Exploring Openings Named After Locations: Ruy Lopez, Catalan Opening, London System, Scotch Game, and the Vienna Game.
The course categorizes these openings into three tiers of importance, identifying key named variations and essential plans for each opening. Using example games, we illuminate the major themes and ideas of a specific opening or variation, highlighting the pros and cons to give you a balanced understanding.
Whether you are a seasoned player or a chess enthusiast, this course offers a unique approach to understanding chess openings. You'll gain a solid foundation to experiment with different openings, helping you to develop a versatile and exciting game. So, are you ready to embark on this chess adventure?
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate chess players curious about Chess Openings
Dive deep into the intellectual universe of chess with Tryfon Gavriel, famously known to enthusiasts as "Kingscrusher." Beyond my titles as a FIDE Candidate Master and British Regional Chess Master, I am a dedicated chess educator, committed to spreading knowledge and passion for the game.
Decades of Strategic Pursuits My engagement with chess is a 35-year-long odyssey marked by competitive achievements both online and offline, including a peak ICC blitz rating of 2625 and an exceptional ECF grading of 212. My early triumph in the Lloyds Under 18 national UK tournament back in 1989 set the stage for a life steeped in chess, culminating in numerous top finishes in Lichess marathons and more.
Udemy's Chess Luminary While I once enjoyed sharing insights and high-level analysis on my YouTube channel, my current passion lies in crafting comprehensive chess courses for Udemy. My dedication has been recognized with the "highest-rated" award for my detailed course on José Raúl Capablanca's strategies and the "Best Seller" accolade for my "Complete Guide to Chess Tactics," which garnered widespread acclaim shortly after its debut.
Pedagogy that Transforms Teaching chess goes beyond explaining moves on a board. For me, it's about igniting a passion for the sport and developing a deep, enduring understanding of strategic thinking and tactical decision-making. Drawing inspiration from chess titans like Paul Morphy, Alexander Alekhine, Mikhail Tal, Bobby Fischer, and Garry Kasparov, my courses offer more than knowledge—they provide a window into the minds of chess's greatest masters.
Your Journey Towards Chess Mastery My offerings on Udemy are designed for learners at all stages of their chess journey. Whether you're just starting or seeking advanced strategies, my courses are a gateway to deeper comprehension and appreciation of chess. Through meticulously designed lessons, I aim to equip you with the skills, confidence, and strategic acumen to elevate your game.
Join me in this exploration of chess, delving into the intricacies that make it a timeless classic. With each lesson, we'll unravel the complexities and joys of chess, fostering not just better players, but lifelong enthusiasts.