Become a great filmmaker: Create memorable & magical stories
What you'll learn
- After this course, you will be able to identify the essence of what makes your protagonist's story unique and be able to structure it in such a way as to creating an engaging narrative for your audience.
- Be able to write your script in the correct format and organise the right cast and crew and prepare your paperwork for the production
- Be familiar with filming equipment (Camera, Sound, Lighting and rigs) to produce your picture
- Gain knowledge of Mise-en-scene and use the right techniques of set design, costume, frame composition, camera movement, light and colour to enhance the mood and tone of your picture
- Compile your film with the right editing techniques, colour grading and titles
- Distribute your film to the right audiences and open doors for further opportunities
- No prior film knowledge is required. Only a passion to develop a particular story
In today's digital landscape, the right story has tremendous potential to have meaningful impact.
Whether it is a fictional idea that explores the deepest themes of being human; an innovative business solution you need to advertise or a documentary that illuminates the hidden truths, a well written story in the form of a film can take your endeavours to new heights.
We'll cover the essentials in this course to take you from Joe to James Cameron and your idea from zero to hero:
Act 1: The Story
Act 2: Pre-Production
Writing your script
From pages to stages
Cast and crew
Act 3: Production
Mise-en-Scene part I - (Set Design, Costume, Make Up)
Mise-en-Scene part II - (Lighting and Colour)
Mise-en-Scene part III - (Frame and composition)
Act 4: Post-Productions
Software, ingestion and categorisation
The 6 rules of editing
Music and sound tips
Colour grading and titles
Rough to Rendered
Act 5: Distribution
Press release material
By the end of this course you will have gained the necessary knowledge and skills to finally produce a quality film that explores what you’re looking to communicate with the world! After that you will be able to enter the advertising and marketing world or perhaps create cinematic stories for the small screens and the big ones.
It all starts with an idea, and this course will help you light that up!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone looking to tell stories, marketing or enter the film industry
David Ritchie is film maker, music producer and ecopreneur based in sunny South Africa. Graduated in 2018 from the University of Cap Town he has since then gone to produce music videos, documentaries, short-film and adverts for leading South African brands and be involved with numerous international productions including the Crown. He also has a passion for sustainable development and aims to highlight ways in which humanity can adapt and move forward to a carbon neutral world.