A complete course on IFRS 16- leases
What you'll learn
- Overview of IFRS 16- leases.
- How to identify a lease contract under IFRS 16.
- Practical case study on a lease contract identification.
- Recognition and measurement of lease contract under lessee accounting.
- How to determine short-term and low value leases.
- How to make transition in financial statements.
- Numerical examples on IFRS 16 adoption ( in Excel sheet).
- How to calculate sale and lease-back transactions under IFRS 16.
- Practical examples on sale and lease-back transactions.
- Learn lessor accounting under IFRS 16.
- Practical case study on lessor accounting.
- Questions and solutions to test your knowledge.
- Basic knowledge in financial accounting required
It is a complete guide to international financial reporting standard IFRS 16 leases as well as comparison with the old standard IAS 17 leases
Prescribes the accounting treatment for a lease contract under both lessee and lessor accounting.
Sets recognition, measurement and disclosure of a lease contract.
Provides numerical case studies on how to make transition from IAS 17 leases to IFRS 16 leases.
This course tackles sale and lease back transactions under lessee accounting.
Prescribes and gives practical solution on how to deal with finance and operating leases under lessor accounting.
Who this course is for:
- Accounting and financial professionals, ACCA, IFRS students and students studying other accounting qualifications.
I am a professional financial auditor, IFRS instructor and ACCA qualified. I have been teaching accounting and finance courses for over five years and have taught thousands of delegates including students, junior accountants, chief accountants and auditors. As an auditor I have experienced all types of business' activities so my syllabus includes both real practical and theoretical knowledge.
If I could help or empower even one person to be in a different situation, I'd die a happy person.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.